PDA

View Full Version : help choosing component speakers

DrGreenThumb808
07-29-2013, 03:38 AM
could you help me rank these brands from best to worst .

1. rainbows
2. helix
3. cdt
4. dls
5. is there any other brands you recommend ?

im planning to listen to a wide range . pop , rnb , hip hop and rap. i dont want speakers that sound bright .

my budget is $300

to sum it up i want SQ components

trumpet
07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't know the price ranges on all of these brands, but generally $300 is mid-level. From CDT that's actually the upper end of their entry level components. Usually brightness in a speaker set comes from the tweeters. In a $300 component set the tweeter should be clear and smooth, but it will depend on where you mount them, how they're aimed, and how good the music sounds. If you listen to heavily compressed music it can make even high end tweeters sound like garbage.

What brands do you have available locally?

trumpet
07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't know the price ranges on all of these brands, but generally $300 is mid-level. From CDT that's actually the upper end of their entry level components. Usually brightness in a speaker set comes from the tweeters. In a $300 component set the tweeter should be clear and smooth, but it will depend on where you mount them, how they're aimed, and how good the music sounds. If you listen to heavily compressed music it can make even high end tweeters sound like garbage.

DARKHART
07-29-2013, 12:26 PM
If you listen to heavily compressed music it can make even high end tweeters sound like garbage.

^^^^^ This is very true about the compressed music, so when you check locally take your own music with you that way you can hear how it sounds. Also at that price you should be able to get a pair of Focal 165 A1 SG components for $249.99 authorized from your local dealer and even though these are their entry level components they still sound fantastic....

OldManBass
07-29-2013, 01:07 PM
PHD if you can stretch that budget a little bit.

mylows10
07-29-2013, 01:44 PM
could you help me rank these brands from best to worst .

1. rainbows
2. helix
3. cdt
4. dls
5. is there any other brands you recommend ?

im planning to listen to a wide range . pop , rnb , hip hop and rap. i dont want speakers that sound bright .

my budget is $300

to sum it up i want SQ components

Helix rainbows will be over $300 for real ones. Fakes will be less same with hertz hats and a few others. The cdt and Dls will be your best bet at $300. I carry both also. Very nice components. But the cdt will be the best bang for the buck

DrGreenThumb808
07-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Mylows- I can get deals on helix and rainbows . The other two were going to be purchased from woofersetc. If you had to rank the list I posted what would be your top three . 1st to 3rd choice

Old man bass- I though phd went out of business . How much are the speakers your talking about ?

Easy way - locally I can get image , helix , rainbow , massive and hybrid .

What's better helix or rainbows

DrGreenThumb808
08-06-2013, 10:42 AM
anyone else??

trumpet
08-06-2013, 11:06 AM
You have to buy PHD through a local dealer. They're sold in the US now. I sold something to a gentleman in Hawaii recently and based on our conversations car audio gear is quite expensive for you locally. However, they're taking on the burden of stocking items and providing quick warranty exchanges.

A forum really can't tell you which speakers you will like the best when all the options are good. Listening to them is going to be more helpful than asking our opinions.