PDA

View Full Version : component question

getsumbaby
05-06-2004, 11:47 PM
The wife bought me some Kicker Resolution 6.5" seperates. When I hooked them up to my deck power they sound terrible!! The stock ones sound ALOT better. They are wired correctly and seem to distort before the factory ones do. Could it be because they are 125 watts RMS? Should I wait to hook my amp or should I return them for a different brand?

Also - CDT's EF-61CF Carbon Fiber 6.5" set is rated at 130wrms. My amp (when I get it put in) is rated at 75wrms. Will this be enough power to play them or the Kickers?

Ed

RJ Sclafani
05-07-2004, 10:06 AM
The wife bought me some Kicker Resolution 6.5" seperates. When I hooked them up to my deck power they sound terrible!! The stock ones sound ALOT better. They are wired correctly and seem to distort before the factory ones do. Could it be because they are 125 watts RMS? Should I wait to hook my amp or should I return them for a different brand?

Also - CDT's EF-61CF Carbon Fiber 6.5" set is rated at 130wrms. My amp (when I get it put in) is rated at 75wrms. Will this be enough power to play them or the Kickers?

Ed

What kind of deck do you have? How much power to each channel? It is probably underpowered off of the stock HU. When you add the amp, you will notice a BIG difference in sound quality. And remember, tune your HU as best as possible to get great sound. A lot a people don't properly tune a system and wonder why they don't get their desired results. HTH

getsumbaby
05-07-2004, 11:14 AM
What kind of deck do you have? How much power to each channel? It is probably underpowered off of the stock HU. When you add the amp, you will notice a BIG difference in sound quality. And remember, tune your HU as best as possible to get great sound. A lot a people don't properly tune a system and wonder why they don't get their desired results. HTH

I just figured if they were that good - they would sound atleast as good as the stock ones! I guess I was wrong.

Ed

RJ Sclafani
05-07-2004, 01:50 PM
WHAT KIND OF DECK DO YOU HAVE?

Did you even try to change the settings on the HU to make it sound better? I've gotten a few good component sets (no amp, just HU power ~ 27w) to sound better than some ****** components (with amp ~75w). Again, it is mostly how you tune your music. Maybe you just **** at tuning? Just keep trying every single combo of functions until it sounds good.

maylar
05-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Resolutions are power hungry bastids. RS6's should be amped to 80-100 watts. My RS5's at 65 watts are awesome speakers. If your 6's sound weak, something's very wrong.

trungthiendo
05-13-2004, 07:23 AM
lol you need to amp the speakers...they are not getting enough power, that is why you are getting distortion and clipping i believe...