PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting equalizer

Rice3
07-23-2013, 09:23 AM
I have a stock hu because my car came stock with a touch screen navi system and bose audio. Im wondering if its safe and ok to turn up the bass on the equalizer more than halfway. i had it all the way every once in awhile with my old system because i didnt car about it and it was the only way they hit hard and were loud enough for my taste. Im just not sure if its ok to adjust the bass at all or should i just keep it at even on the eq? And would it be beneficial to get another hu that isnt stock even tho this one has navi and doesn't turn up higher than what the bose speakers can do?

Alrojoca
07-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Yes go ahead turn it up until it hits the way you want it. Most factory systems have factory settings and limited EQ settings just to prevent damage, if you damage the speakers then you really abused it and pushed it beyond the limits.

Rice3
07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
ok. so as long as i have my sub tuned the right way, which i do the dmm told me so, i will be good?

naughtyca
07-24-2013, 01:38 PM
i had a bose facroty and they are not all that, aftermarket is still better, tweeters of the bose are nice though