PDA

View Full Version : Need serious box design help

Motokid
07-22-2013, 07:43 PM
I just got a new vehicle not too long ago, and I'm ready to throw my subs into it from my old car. The only problem is my old Acura had a deep truck. This one does not.. The car is a 94 3000gt, it has a full size tire in the wheel whell causing my old box to not fit.. The box can't be any taller then like 10 inches. I built a makeshift box for my 2 kicker 12s but it sounds like ****.

So finally my question is. I've been looking everywhere and can't find a box design to save my life. For now my 2 kicker comps will do but later I'd like to get 2 sundown 12s or something. But I need a box that will fit and actually sound good. I'd like to do it myself. But can't find plans

Thanks

05pontiac08
07-23-2013, 09:11 AM
I just got a new vehicle not too long ago, and I'm ready to throw my subs into it from my old car. The only problem is my old Acura had a deep truck. This one does not.. The car is a 94 3000gt, it has a full size tire in the wheel whell causing my old box to not fit.. The box can't be any taller then like 10 inches. I built a makeshift box for my 2 kicker 12s but it sounds like ****.

So finally my question is. I've been looking everywhere and can't find a box design to save my life. For now my 2 kicker comps will do but later I'd like to get 2 sundown 12s or something. But I need a box that will fit and actually sound good. I'd like to do it myself. But can't find plans

Thanks

max Dimensions, how much power, what kind of music...

OldManBass
07-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Take the spare tire out. Problem solved.

pro-rabbit
07-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Down fire the subs and rear fire the port.

Motokid
07-23-2013, 02:51 PM
max Dimensions, how much power, what kind of music...

Well, looks like 21" Deep, 30" Wide, and no more than 10" Tall, it's a weird *** trunk.. Power wise, eh, I have 2 Kicker comp 12", they're like 150 rms maybe? But i'd like to get either 2 Fi ssd 12 or 2 Sundown d2 12's soo, 600-1000 rms, maybe? Im not sure. I listen to all kinds of music.. A lot of rap.. but A lot of rock too.. even a lot of dubstep.. I like the heavy bass.

Motokid
07-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Take the spare tire out. Problem solved.

No, Problem not solved! Ha, if it was that easy I would have already done that. The spare tire is a full size tire, it sits in the truck but the way the frame is, it's basically molded to the tire. What I mean is the frame is raised up about 9 inches so it fits inside rim of the tire so it doesn't move around. If that makes any sense.

pro-rabbit
07-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Drop down to 2 10s. Down fire the subs with a port firing back. Best solution you will find.... or go sealed....

Motokid
07-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Drop down to 2 10s. Down fire the subs with a port firing back. Best solution you will find.... or go sealed....

Would it not sound better with the subs firing up at the glass? Gah, I'll be better off having @double 07 or somebody build me a box..