PDA

View Full Version : Please help with my amp setup

MUSLDUP
07-22-2013, 05:42 AM
I have a kicker kx650.4 four channel amp. It's on my boat and I'm wanting to run 4, 6x9 speakers and 1 sub off this amp and I was wanting to know if I can run this setup off this amp? --------these are the specs on my amp.......
...•120 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
•170 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
•325 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode
•2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
•4-ohm stable in bridged mode
•Tri-Way capable
... Thank you for taking the time to read and thanks for any advice you may have for me.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:
(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Caden421
07-22-2013, 08:00 AM
To your question about your amp, honestly it would all depend on your 6x9 and sub power rating and quality. Needless to say, your sub is going to be putting most the load work on the amp. If your 6x9's are a good 6x9, they as well will be drawing from the amp at a high rate. If you have both good sub and 6x9's, chances are in the near future you will smell the kicker kicking the bucket. But, honestly, it's all in how you use and treat your equipment. I am new to the forum, so I am only giving you the basic understanding of how I see it. Many will probably argue. I know that if your running to sets of 6x9's that have a RMS rating at 50 max RMS per 6x9 and a sub at 300 RMS max you will be under your 600 amp range on your kicker amp. So, look at all your speakers, add up all the total rms's of the speakers, if it is lower than your amp's rms output, then your fine. If it is higher, than you don't want to do it. It will burn up your amp.

I hope this help's.

MUSLDUP
07-22-2013, 08:18 AM
thank you for the reply.. I don't know anything about this subject so any info is helpful.

mylows10
07-22-2013, 01:19 PM
First off the subs and speakers don't draw power. They are fed power according to the impedance. You can run the set up like that but it will be hard on the amp as stated You would be better off the use the 4 channel for the speakers and get a amp for th sub