PDA

View Full Version : What kind of amp kit should I buy for a 4 channel amp and future sub amp?

HoovaDeuce 82
07-21-2013, 08:32 PM
What kind of amp kit should I get? I'm gonna buy a PPI BX340.4 which is 55x4 rms and that's how it's gonna be used and later I'm gonna add a class d sub amp doing anywhere from 500-1000 watts rms. So should I buy an amp kit just for the 4 channel or buy a certain kind so later when I add my sub amp I won't have to buy another kit?

trumpet
07-21-2013, 08:39 PM
A 4 ga OFC kit is plenty for that level of power. You can add a distribution block and a bit of 8 ga wire to split the power when you add the second amp. I do this for my SQ setup with 700W and 2 amplifiers to the front speakers and 650W to the sub. Just make sure it's true 4 ga cable, not the cheap undersized CCA stuff. You'll also want to do the Big 3, or at least upgrade the grounds from the battery to the frame and from the battery to the engine.

mylows10
07-21-2013, 08:42 PM
if thats the biggest you think you will go power wise , doubtful,then a 4 gauge kit will be fine make sure t has a distribution block for the 2 amps and 3 sets of rca jacks. ii sell kits like this in 0 gauge to 4 gauge ,or 4 gauge to 4 or 8 gauge wire ,in ofc and cca .

HoovaDeuce 82
07-21-2013, 08:44 PM
if thats the biggest you think you will go power wise , doubtful,then a 4 gauge kit will be fine make sure t has a distribution block for the 2 amps and 3 sets of rca jacks. ii sell kits like this in 0 gauge to 4 gauge ,or 4 gauge to 4 or 8 gauge wire ,in ofc and cca .

Yeah besides the 4 channel amp the biggest I will go for my sub amp is 1000 rms or so. I don't wanna have to get an upgraded alternator plus that will be more than plenty for a daily driver imo.

mylows10
07-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Yeah besides the 4 channel amp the biggest I will go for my sub amp is 1000 rms or so. I don't wanna have to get an upgraded alternator plus that will be more than plenty for a daily driver imo.
one of my kits will be fine ,in either ofc or cca

trumpet
07-21-2013, 09:01 PM

The trend now is super loud subwoofer setups, so this is what mylows10 is referring to for a future need to upgrade. 1,000W is way more than you need to vastly overpower a 2-way front speaker setup without using pro audio speakers. I keep my sub turned down to make everything balanced. You can make really good use of the limited current from a stock charging system, especially if you use a well made ported sub box and not a sealed box.

Ahmed Johnson
07-21-2013, 09:18 PM
If it was me, starting over from scratch, I would get a 0 gauge kit and buy some distribution blocks since I'm sure you will want more power in the future . But that is if it was me starting from scratch. Mylows10 has a good deal on a ready made 0 gauge power kit.

HoovaDeuce 82
07-21-2013, 09:21 PM
The trend now is super loud subwoofer setups, so this is what mylows10 is referring to for a future need to upgrade. 1,000W is way more than you need to vastly overpower a 2-way front speaker setup without using pro audio speakers. I keep my sub turned down to make everything balanced. You can make really good use of the limited current from a stock charging system, especially if you use a well made ported sub box and not a sealed box.

I'm most likely going ported. Probably 2 12's ported tuned anywhere from 30-35 hz. Looking at Sundown SA series, SSA or maybe Incriminator. I'll figure that out when it's time lol.