PDA

View Full Version : 12w7ae h.o box vs 13w7ae custom ported box

xxajisabratxx
07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Im a basshead and i want more out of what i have i got, 2 alpine type x's in a ported box with a alpine m240 amp its not enough for me// my local sound installation stop recommended me getting 1 jl and it will be much louder then both my type x's/ i have a 2003 lincoln towncar. i was wondering what would be louder a 12w7ae high output box from jl with a hd 750/1 amp or a 13w7ae custom ported box made to the jl audios specs for that sub with a hd1200/1 amp any ideas what i would like more i just want super loud rumbling bass and allso if the amps would be the right for those subs .....

box would be made by the local shop

Silverado SS
07-15-2013, 03:30 PM
I would do the AE and Custom box if they know what there doing

xxajisabratxx
07-15-2013, 03:40 PM
I would do the AE and Custom box if they know what there doing

so you would go with the 13.5 in w7 with custom box they said they would match it with the spec of jls requirements
but im not sure if it would ber louder with the high out put ported box that they make for the 12w7 ?

NoLoud4U
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
so you would go with the 13.5 in w7 with custom box they said they would match it with the spec of jls requirements
but im not sure if it would ber louder with the high out put ported box that they make for the 12w7 ?

Those HO boxes ****. If you want output with good sound you can get a lot more single 15s that will smoke that 13. With that alpine amp.

NoLoud4U
07-15-2013, 03:55 PM
I bet if you put those Xs in a good box they will surprise you. Do you have the electrical to run that 2400?

xxajisabratxx
07-15-2013, 04:16 PM
I bet if you put those Xs in a good box they will surprise you. Do you have the electrical to run that 2400?

i added a 2nd battery with 0 g all around

NoLoud4U
07-15-2013, 04:21 PM
i added a 2nd battery with 0 g all around

You need more then that to get the most out of it. You can fit 2 15s or a single 18 in that trunk. There's a black one doing over a 150 and moving air with 2 sundown Z 15s. We were doing mid 140s low with a 18 on 3500 watts.

DoesDad
07-15-2013, 04:22 PM
What are the X's? 10's or 12's? I don't see a problem even if they're 10's to get louder than the w7's. I've heard Type X's in the right box given the correct power and they get loud and low... And an extra batt and 0 gauge is rarely enough to run 2400 watts.

xxajisabratxx
07-15-2013, 04:29 PM
What are the X's? 10's or 12's? I don't see a problem even if they're 10's to get louder than the w7's. I've heard Type X's in the right box given the correct power and they get loud and low... And an extra batt and 0 gauge is rarely enough to run 2400 watts.

they are 2 alpine type rs 12 inches the box is small i think its 34"w x 15.5"h x 18 " d

what would i need to do to fix my alpine type x problem i thought by buying those would be loud i used to have 2 alpine type rs in the box and it sounds simmilar to them, dont no what to do they just said one of these subs would be much louder i just want some serious azz bass

NoLoud4U
07-15-2013, 04:33 PM
they are 2 alpine type rs 12 inches the box is small i think its 34"w x 15.5"h x 18 " d

what would i need to do to fix my alpine type x problem i thought by buying those would be loud i used to have 2 alpine type rs in the box and it sounds simmilar to them, dont no what to do they just said one of these subs would be much louder i just want some serious azz bass

Get a real box for the Xs. Don't get a W7. If you can spend that money you can be way louder. They are good subs 10 years ago. Still good but not $700-1000 good. More like $500 new good.

NoLoud4U
07-15-2013, 04:36 PM
On the power you already have the Alpines can get louder then a 13 on less power. You need a alternator and the big 3 done

Dub7sonoma
07-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Im a basshead and i want more out of what i have i got, 2 alpine type x's in a ported box with a alpine m240 amp its not enough for me// my local sound installation stop recommended me getting 1 jl and it will be much louder then both my type x's/ i have a 2003 lincoln towncar. i was wondering what would be louder a 12w7ae high output box from jl with a hd 750/1 amp or a 13w7ae custom ported box made to the jl audios specs for that sub with a hd1200/1 amp any ideas what i would like more i just want super loud rumbling bass and allso if the amps would be the right for those subs .....

box would be made by the local shop

Dont know if any others posting advice have had personal experience with the JL W7s. Im not a JL nut hugger but i have owned JL, Sundown, Alpines (Type R's and Type X's) a ton of Digital Designs, RE among other brands. I have never been more pleased with a single sub that the W7s, just dont buy them for anything CLOSE to retail. I got all 3 of mine for $460. Put the 13.5 in a built to spec box and run it with the alpine amp you currently have with the 13w7 wired to 3 ohms. Belive me you will definatley be surprised. Just make sure you have the electrical to back the amp

NoLoud4U
07-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Dont know if any others posting advice have had personal experience with the JL W7s. Im not a JL nut hugger but i have owned JL, Sundown, Alpines (Type R's and Type X's) a ton of Digital Designs, RE among other brands. I have never been more pleased with a single sub that the W7s, just dont buy them for anything CLOSE to retail. I got all 3 of mine for $460. Put the 13.5 in a built to spec box and run it with the alpine amp you currently have with the 13w7 wired to 3 ohms. Belive me you will definatley be surprised. Just make sure you have the electrical to back the amp

They are great subs but there are many great subs in that price range. I expect since he's talking to a dealer he's overpaying which makes them not so great.

Dub7sonoma
07-15-2013, 05:00 PM
They are great subs but there are many great subs in that price range. I expect since he's talking to a dealer he's overpaying which makes them not so great.

Oh yeah I definitely agree with you there. If its from a dealer stay away.

NoLoud4U
07-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah I definitely agree with you there. If its from a dealer stay away.

Even more so if that dealer isn't telling him what's wrong with the Alpines. Just trying to make a sale.

Dub7sonoma
07-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah they do that at the dealers here too. I had a fosgte dealer tell me 2 10" T1s would be louder than my 3 12W7s..... Hahaha. But seriously OP, for the price they are going to charge you for the W7 and box you can probably buy the 4 Digital Design 2510s I have and still have enough left over to pay for shipping on the box I already have built for them. They would make you happy for sure

Boomsday
07-15-2013, 05:48 PM
2 type x's> any 1 JL sub

momax_powers
07-15-2013, 11:56 PM
i have or had every size w7 and multiples thereof......with proper enclosures the two type x's should out do any single w7 if your only going for loud, especially with double the power on the 2400......beef up your electrical, source signal, and enclosure ..im sure that will solve your problem.....and dont ever listen to that dealer again

btw im a huge JL nuthugger and not a big fan of alpine

give us more detail of your setup...HU, batteries, wire brand, box type, setting on your amp etc

jeffdachef
07-16-2013, 12:23 AM
amps only amplify power, it can only amplify if its there, you might get better output from a high output box for your type Xs but even more with a high output alternator.

xxajisabratxx
07-16-2013, 12:07 PM
so what should i do to get the most out of my type xs 12' get a bigger box do the big 3? // they cut out after it gets high then i have to restart my car for them to turn back on / i put 1 of them in and it was louder then both but the sub started smoking so i put both back in i just want something super loud // or just go with the jl audio?

NoLoud4U
07-16-2013, 12:47 PM
so what should i do to get the most out of my type xs 12' get a bigger box do the big 3? // they cut out after it gets high then i have to restart my car for them to turn back on / i put 1 of them in and it was louder then both but the sub started smoking so i put both back in i just want something super loud // or just go with the jl audio?

Running 2500 watts a HO alternator is a must, the big 3 should have already been done, get a better box for the Alpines, don't go back to that dealer until you are done then see if he thinks that W7 would be louder. Or sell the Xs and get 2 1000-1500 15s, build a good box then show that dealer what loud is.

frogcase2002
07-16-2013, 12:49 PM
First thing you should do is read up a little more on audio.. and don't unhook/hook up your audio unless you know what your doing.(its not just hooking up wires)