PDA

View Full Version : 2 sa10s box advice

blindman4556
07-15-2013, 01:39 AM
im thinking of doing 2 10s ported or 2 12s sealed. all depends on if i can get the 10s to fit and sound good.

if i go ported it will be sa10. sealed will be differnet brand
i listen to various types of music.
i came up with this

they will be ran at rated power. its going in a nissan altima trunk, rear firing.
will that setup be good, and same with port noise? (very little experience with building ported box)

will having the port firing another way be better or not?

NIHL8ION
07-15-2013, 03:16 AM
im thinking of doing 2 10s ported or 2 12s sealed. all depends on if i can get the 10s to fit and sound good.

if i go ported it will be sa10. sealed will be differnet brand
i listen to various types of music.
i came up with this

they will be ran at rated power. its going in a nissan altima trunk, rear firing.
will that setup be good, and same with port noise? (very little experience with building ported box)

will having the port firing another way be better or not? - Subs back & port back will probably be your best bet... Take your design though and change the # of common port walls to "2" instead of the - 3 you have in there now, and do yourself a favor & add another baffle - Those SA's can get down, I'd double up the face... Then you will have to re-adjust your port sizing to get back to where you want to be... 15-18 in^2 port area per foot, ending up with 2.75-3.0 net @ 30-35hz should serve those subs well

mklett33
07-15-2013, 02:20 PM
I would add a brace from the baffle wall to the rear wall as well. Your sub cutouts are pretty close to the outer edges of the wood so the brace would help quite a bit.