PDA

View Full Version : Sounstream x3.60

Fosgate24565
07-12-2013, 08:13 PM
So I went to a car audio place today and the people had no idea what they were doing but I have a soundstream x3.60 amp and 2 rockford fosgate T2s that are dual 2 ohm subs. They tried to tell me that I couldn't hook them up to my 12's and that I could only do one subwoofer. Is this true? Does anyone really know anything about this amp? Someone help me out.

DARKHART
07-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Well according to the specs of the amp it can only be loaded down to a 1ohm load which is where it puts out the most power. If you wired both subs into their lowest impedance load you'd have .5ohm load and in that case NO you can not use both subs. Using both subs your wiring options are .5ohm, 2ohm, or 8ohms. Using only one sub then your options are either 1ohm or 4ohms.
So it sounds like maybe it's you who doesn't quite understand....

CRXBMPN
07-12-2013, 11:08 PM
correct. I've ran the xxx4000d's which are the previous version of this amp, maybe even the same thing only rebadged (idk), at 1 ohm daily but did drop mine successfully down to .5 (1ohm strapped) for shows, etc. Hope you have battery to back that power hog up regardless of what you do. Nice looking amps btw, very nice.

CRXBMPN
07-12-2013, 11:09 PM
ps is it for sale? this is the amp classifieds section... lmk if it is :-D