PDA

View Full Version : What more is there?

Twelve
07-11-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm thinking about designing my own aeroported enclosures - one for daily use, another or competing. I was just wondering, honestly, how hard it is to design these enclosures.

First off, I obviously need to figure out my max dimensions and use them as limitations. I get my box dimensions, account for bracing, and then figure out what kind of ports I'll need using Products Menu (http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html). Figure out what kind of ports I'll need, then add to my gross volume accordingly. Finally, account for displacement and get my final net volume. Then, I just place my ports wherever they'd work best (further away from drivers, evenly spaced), and I should be tuned at my proper airspace, correct?

Silverado SS
07-11-2013, 02:05 AM
Yeah pretty much if you know all the math your good. You can Google psp-ink and it will tell you length for tuning

Twelve
07-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Yeah pretty much if you know all the math your good. You can Google psp-ink and it will tell you length for tuning

You mean like the link I posted in OP?

dbeez
07-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Theres a little more to it than that driver and port placement do matter.

resonate
07-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Theres a little more to it than that driver and port placement do matter.

Well, obviously. As long as he's going to be able to give the driver the airspace and tuning it needs, now it's on to testing, testing, testing. OP, you very we'll may not get your port placement perfect on the first go, especially not your SPL box. Play with it in a few different cheap enclosures to decide what works best in YOUR car. When you find what you think is optimal, go ahead and build a good one. Trial and error is HUGE in this hobby, especially when it comes to SPL.