PDA

View Full Version : Sony head unit audio lag

Tyler Garrison
07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Hello everyone, just joined here hoping to find some answers or ideas, as my normal google searching has failed me.
Here the issue, my friend has a maxima. replaced the head unit with a sony one. (not sure ont he exact model, can get it if needed) Anyone that knows much about maximas knows that it has a bose system stock. so he used the preouts to hook up the speakers because he didnt want to replace all the speakers as well. He uses a USB device to play music from. One issue hes had for a while is whenever he pushed the next buttons to change songs, there is a small popping sound. Ive heard of similar issues when powering up the head unit, something about sound reaching the amp too soon, and needing a delay to fix.. so im wondering if that a similar thing. However thats a very minor concern, the big issue is something that has just started happening recently. When he starts the car the head unit powers on just fine, and the EQ bars show that sound is being put out, but there is no sound. This 'lag' normally lasts for about 10-20 seconds. But today lasted well over 2 minutes. I had him try switching to a different input to see if perhaps it was a problem with the USB, but even after switching to the radio there was still no sound. I am going to pull his deck out tomorrow and take a look at it, but I wanted some other opinions as well. Have you ever experienced something like this? If so, what are the fixes. All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

SounDrive
07-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Sounds like a bad HU to me... Maybe someone else has experienced this before and can chime in

Tyler Garrison
07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, im worried it's just a faulty unit. I was hoping there would be some known fixable issue. But after 10 minutes of google searching I couldnt even find this issue somewhere else.