PDA

View Full Version : Crescendo CZ series or PWX 6.5 and FT1

acdcrocks0323
07-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Hey guys, new on here and car audio in general. I wanted to know what would give me a better sound between the Crescendo CZ components or the dedicated midbass and tweeter with a crossover? I was also wondering if it was possible to run the midbass and tweeter on one channel per side and then run a sub on a 4 channel amp. I figured I could use an active crossover and wire the midbass and tweeter in parallel. Any thoughts? thanks!

supereikenator
07-10-2013, 03:16 AM
I'd say dedicated mid and tweet with crossover is a better sound. As for the amp question, I think you can run them off one channel per side, but hopefully if I'm wrong the people who actually have a clue will chime in and correct me.

acdcrocks0323
07-10-2013, 03:27 AM
Yeah I figured I could split the front inputs to create 4 "channels" coming from the crossover. Then set the high pass for the tweeter and the low pass for the mid. Finally I could adjust the level of the tweeters and mids on the crossover so they are equal. Am I off base on this assumption?

Another thing I thought is that if that doesn't work, I can just power the tweeters from my HU because they really don't require much power at all?

SounDrive
07-10-2013, 03:33 AM
The PWX and FT1 are pro audio... They're designed to get loud, not to sound good.

Look for a good set of 6.5 components if you want sound quality. I can't speak for the CZ components, but I'm sure someone on the forum has experience with them.

Most component sets will include a passive crossover, so you'll only need one channel per door.

acdcrocks0323
07-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Okay I was just looking for an option that would give me good midbass, and I read all over that the PWXs were beefy and would get me that. I also had my eye on the JBL P660C and the RF T1675-S and maybe the Infinity Kappa 60.9cs. I currently have the Polk DXI650 coax set when they were 40 bucks.

I've also read that I won't get suitable midbass without sound deadening and sealing the openings in the door. Is that true? I wasn't really interested in throwing a few hundred bucks into that but if I can get a good increase in midbass and sound quality doing that instead of upgrading my speakers and amp, I would definitely be open to it

SounDrive
07-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Okay I was just looking for an option that would give me good midbass, and I read all over that the PWXs were beefy and would get me that. I also had my eye on the JBL P660C and the RF T1675-S and maybe the Infinity Kappa 60.9cs. I currently have the Polk DXI650 coax set when they were 40 bucks.

I've also read that I won't get suitable midbass without sound deadening and sealing the openings in the door. Is that true? I wasn't really interested in throwing a few hundred bucks into that but if I can get a good increase in midbass and sound quality doing that instead of upgrading my speakers and amp, I would definitely be open to it

Yes, it helps a lot depending on the car. You won't really need much deadening either. $105 will get you 40 SQ ft of 80 mil AudioTechnix deadener, which should be enough to do your entire car including both doors. RAAM audio (google RAAMmat and it's somewhere on that site) has a really good guide on deadening your car.

I personally run diamond D662 components, but I got them for a steal.

NIHL8ION
07-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Either of those JBL or Infinity's would be an upgrade from what you have now IF you feed them power from a descent amp and NOT your HU... There are also other good comp sets out there in 6.5" size by Incriminator Audio & Sundown around that price range, and if you search around amazon & ebay you can usually find some descent CDT components around that price range as well...

trumpet
07-10-2013, 01:33 PM
if you search around amazon & ebay you can usually find some descent CDT components around that price range as well...

There's no need to go that route to get CDT speakers in this price range.

NIHL8ION
07-11-2013, 09:04 AM
There's no need to go that route to get CDT speakers in this price range.

Hey Trumpet, can you PM me what you can do for me on this shipped to 60561 - Darien, IL : CDT CL-62.2 PRO 6.5" Classic Series 2 Ohm Component Speaker Set PLUS WS-100i Imaging Tweeters - Thanks :)

trumpet
07-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Hey Trumpet, can you PM me what you can do for me on this shipped to 60561 - Darien, IL : CDT CL-62.2 PRO 6.5" Classic Series 2 Ohm Component Speaker Set PLUS WS-100i Imaging Tweeters - Thanks :)

done