PDA

View Full Version : Which one should I go with?

DriftinShiftin
07-09-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm having a slight dilemma because I just traded for a system to use it came with an amp and deck. I already have a deck though and its a pretty nice one I paid about $250 brand new if i remember right. its a Kenwood KDC-BT852HD. The deck that I got in the trade is a Jensen Phase Linear UV8035.
I currently have the Kenwood hooked up but am wondering if the Jensen would be better for sound quality.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these two decks that can help me choose?

Also the car it will be going into is a 2003 Chevy Cavalier with 2 memphis power reference 12s and a pyramid amp. Eventually I also plan on putting my Kicker 6.5s in the door and Pioneer 6x9s in the rear.
Thanks for any help you can give me

naughtyca
07-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Sorry not familiar with Jensen, what does the Jensen do that your kenwood is not currently doing or dont have? sound wise I presume the Kenwood will sound better

DriftinShiftin
07-09-2013, 04:59 PM
As far as what the Jensen does that the Kenwood doesn't is that it can function as a DVD player and has an SD card reader. Other than that its nothing special. The Kenwood has USB, Bluetooth, AUX Input, Pandora, and can function as a phone through my bluetooth. This Jensen seems like it would have been a top of the line deck when it was new so I'm wondering if even though the Kenwood beats it with the newer tech would the Jensen still have a better sound quality. Because the only function of the Kenwood I've really been using is the USB which is pretty nice. It won't be too big of a hassle switching back to the AUX input that I would have to use with the Jensen.

NoLoud4U
07-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I dont think Jensen has ever been at the top of anything. They might have a hidden gem but I doubt it. normally decks that have DVD type add ons lack in the fuctions for audio