PDA

View Full Version : Alarm install question for you pros out there

fugit
05-04-2004, 08:59 PM
I was thinking about installing my alarm myself, but thought I'd ask some opinions of those who have done it before. I have a viper 560xv remote start and two 530t window modules. I can read the wiring diagrams and have done various different electrical mods on my GSXR and truck, but have never installed an alarm. I don't know exactly what all I should have to install it, but with my knowledge of vehicles and a little guidance I'm sure I could do it. Just not sure if I should. It's a going in a 1996 4dr gmc yukon. The local shops want to charge 250-300 just for the alarm and remote start. I'd like to save the money, but if it's just too much to tackle I guess I'll break bread. I'd also like to do it to just to learn. Any opinions?

Slody4Futbol
05-05-2004, 02:17 AM
you need cutters/crimpers... a solderin gun... electrical tape... and sockets/drill/bits/etc... also a wiring diagram so you know exactly which wires you need... and a multimeter of some sorts 2 double check everything

LBX2G
05-05-2004, 02:25 AM
yeah u can do. THey the hardest thing about an alarm is finding the wires, if u can find the wires u are home free.

fugit
05-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Thats cool, I guess I'm making it more complicated than it is. I kept seeing relay connections like near the dome light and was wondering exactly how to tap into the wires. You just tie in the wires to the harnesses to the wires on the vehicles wiring harness?

Slody4Futbol
05-09-2004, 01:41 PM
basically... and that relay thign about the dome light... u don't have to wire that up...i think that's for when you hit unlock ur dome light comes on.. i didn't put it on my car... u only use about 1/3 of the wires off the thing

2dmnloud
05-27-2004, 01:13 AM
let me know if you have finished the alarm install yet....if not i can fax out a DEI direct fax tommorrow at work that tells you every wire to tap....you probally need to make your connections in the ignition harness