PDA

View Full Version : obsidian or sundown

urlocalpothead
07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Hey everyone i am getting ready to start my new project but i cant decide between 15" sundown sa's or obsidian 15s if any one can help out with what you guys think or review on them and what ones hit harder ive had the sundows and they were great but never had obsidians

winkychevelle
07-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Either or they perform similarly as thats how jacob designed them. Really it comes down the preference. The sa might be a bit better quality wise but the price difference is enough to show this.

both are very good subs

BoomBoxStereo
07-08-2013, 10:43 AM
when i was in the Sundown vs Obsidian buying market i tried to find either one, as each would've been fine for what i wanted it to. to be honest i was actually looking for an Obisidian over an SA. in the end i got the SA's and they were great.

NASTY08IMPALA
07-08-2013, 10:57 AM
They are the same sub essentially ...if.u put both in the same optimal enclosure u will not hear a audible difference at all...so go with the one u like the looks of or which one u can get cheaper

urlocalpothead
07-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Ok cool yea im thinkin im going to go with the obsidians cuz ive already had sa's and loved them but i think ima try something diff. Then sundown jist cuz i have a sundown 18 lol

Electrodynamic
07-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Either or they perform similarly as thats how jacob designed them. Really it comes down the preference. The sa might be a bit better quality wise but the price difference is enough to show this.

both are very good subs

Jacob did not design both drivers. Also both companies use the same exact build house so the quality is exactly the same. One is not better built than the other.