PDA

View Full Version : Down firing sealed box

eradicator006
07-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Does anyone have any experience with a down firing sealed box? I'm thinking of building one for my 2009 RE XXX 15". I drive a Jeep Liberty SUV. I did try an up firing sealed box and that didn't work out so well. It sounded good when sitting still but as soon as you started driving you lost all the bass. I'm thinking down firing could work out due to loading the sub off of the floor.

tc300
07-05-2013, 11:41 AM
I've never heard nobody say that there system sounds different when stopped compared to driving!!!!!??????

sbelew
07-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I have a '99 F-150 extended cab. I had to downfire my 12" sub so that it would fit under the rear seat. It is a 1.1 cu ft sealed enclosure, and it sounds pretty good. I cant really tell any difference. I have about 2.5" of clearance between sub and floor.

winkychevelle
07-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Down firing a sealed box generally helps with low frequency reproduction due to the loading off the floor like a rear fire system loads off the trunk or hatch. It would prolly work well in this situation but its going to create more rattles for you to track down and fix.