PDA

View Full Version : AQ equipment quality

Oraclem19
06-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Anybody played with these AQ 6.5s, 6x9s, or their CD25s? Seem to fall within the budget range, at a decent power rating, xovers and tweets included, have not heard of them actually being used though.

If these actually do as well as their reputation would have me believe, would be nice to be able to do a full car rehaul including sealing doors and rear speakers for $200.

T.I.K.
06-30-2013, 02:28 AM
Anybody played with these AQ 6.5s, 6x9s, or their CD25s? Seem to fall within the budget range, at a decent power rating, xovers and tweets included, have not heard of them actually being used though.

If these actually do as well as their reputation would have me believe, would be nice to be able to do a full car rehaul including sealing doors and rear speakers for $200.
Speakers - Incriminator Audio - SSA STORE (http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/categories/speakers/incriminator-audio.html)

I've heard good things about these comps.

Oraclem19
06-30-2013, 03:08 AM
Only heard IA was SPL?

mlstrass
06-30-2013, 04:43 AM
I've installed a few sets of the AQ comps, was a few years ago. Sounded good and got respectably loud. Believe they were around $200 for the sets back then.

I wouldn't hesitate to give them a try, DJ is very big on providing a lot of bang for buck. I've been running AQ subs/amps for 5-6 years now and have never had an issue...

T.I.K.
06-30-2013, 04:52 AM
I've installed a few sets of the AQ comps, was a few years ago. Sounded good and got respectably loud. Believe they were around $200 for the sets back then.

I wouldn't hesitate to give them a try, DJ is very big on providing a lot of bang for buck. I've been running AQ subs/amps for 5-6 years now and have never had an issue...
People hate on their soft parts, but they offer one of the most affordable 3" coil subwoofer lines out there. The IA LI and SSA GCON are both 3" coils but i doubt they could take 2000w daily for very long.

mlstrass
06-30-2013, 05:01 AM
People hate on their soft parts, but they offer one of the most affordable 3" coil subwoofer lines out there. The IA LI and SSA GCON are both 3" coils but i doubt they could take 2000w daily for very long.

Let em hate. I've built some LOUD *** set ups with those weak soft parts and put WAY over RMS to them. Have never had a sub fail. Used to burp my HDC3's with 2 3500's @ .5 on each sub. Took it like a champ. Would also take that power for 30sec street beat runs...

Popwarhomie
06-30-2013, 02:28 PM
I love AQ and I've owned a lot of AQ products but I was not impressed with their 6.5" components.