PDA

View Full Version : Which pre-outs to use???

66ca
06-27-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm hooking up my Alpine 9884 to my PP 900.4
I'm going to run the ft speakers off two amp channels and the 10" sub bridged off the other 2. And going to run the streakers off the HU.
The 9884 has 3 RCA outs on the rear....ft, rear, and sub.
My questions are, which RCA out to run the amp.
And which speaker wires to run the rear speakers?
Thank you

66ca
06-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Nobody???

calebkhill
06-28-2013, 03:39 PM
It doesn't matter. Whichever you prefer.

trumpet
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm hooking up my Alpine 9884 to my PP 900.4
I'm going to run the ft speakers off two amp channels and the 10" sub bridged off the other 2. And going to run the streakers off the HU.
The 9884 has 3 RCA outs on the rear....ft, rear, and sub.
My questions are, which RCA out to run the amp.
And which speaker wires to run the rear speakers?
Thank you

Run the front channel RCAs to the front inputs on the amp. Run the sub RCAs to the rear inputs on the amp. Run the rear speakers off the rear speaker outputs on the head unit.

66ca
06-28-2013, 07:57 PM
i only ran 1 rca cable. This is going in a 89 corvette conv and its a PIA to move around and get anything done in the car. Very tight spaces.
Is it not possible to just use the one rca cable?

calebkhill
06-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Run the front channel RCAs to the front inputs on the amp. Run the sub RCAs to the rear inputs on the amp. Run the rear speakers off the rear speaker outputs on the head unit.

I Agree with this. In case you ever install other speakers RCA will be run already

SounDrive
06-28-2013, 08:00 PM
i only ran 1 rca cable. This is going in a 89 corvette conv and its a PIA to move around and get anything done in the car. Very tight spaces.
Is it not possible to just use the one rca cable?

I'm not sure with that amp. I'm sure trumpet ; knows more about them than I do.

And that car is a huge PITA... My grandpa has a 89 vette vert as well

66ca
06-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Yes it's a huge pain. There were actually 3 RCA cables running from the dash under the carpet, and under the drivers seat, and I already removed 2 of them.
So I'm going to have to make the single cable work somehow.

trumpet
06-29-2013, 12:56 AM
There are good RCAs with the cable hardly thicker than good quality speaker wire. You have to get another RCA back to the amp. It's that or you switch amps to one with speaker level inputs and run some thin speaker wire.

66ca
06-29-2013, 07:19 AM
I don't understand that?
There is already a good quality RCA cable running back to the amp now. It won't work?
The manual with the amp says you can use one cable or use two.
Why would I need a different amp?

tommydh
06-29-2013, 08:25 AM
You may be able to use 2 female in 2 male out y splitters
If you are going to use all 4 channels of the amp or in your case 3 channel mode you need 2 pairs of RCA's or in better terms 4 plugs 2 white/red or whatever they are. What I would do is use the existing rcas to pull a string or wire through then use that to pull the existing back in along with a new set. Or get a 4 channel RCA cable

calebkhill
06-29-2013, 09:59 AM
I don't think you'll be able to get sub level input from any other out other than the sub out.

Soo here's your problem.

66ca
06-29-2013, 11:18 AM
I guess I'll just run another cable.
On the amp you can choose either to run 1 or 2, and switch it to read either way. I just figured I would have the one and run the xover on the sub side of the amp on low band pass

basswiigee
06-29-2013, 11:45 AM
i'd run 2 sets of spliters, left channel [spliter on both sides] for fronts and 2 sets of spliters right side sub for your sub, thats the only way i see possible to run 1 set of rcas and still control sub and components independently...

trumpet
06-29-2013, 12:59 PM
I guess I'll just run another cable.
On the amp you can choose either to run 1 or 2, and switch it to read either way. I just figured I would have the one and run the xover on the sub side of the amp on low band pass

The switch is for stereo or 4 channel operation. You're not running the amp in stereo so that switch needs to be set to 4ch and you need 2 pairs of RCAs.