PDA

View Full Version : Non-detachable face?

saintdruss
06-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Maybe you guy's can help me out. I'm looking for a single din head unit with a non-detachable face that has the wires for a wired remote or steering wheel controls. It's for my motorcycle, I have a Kenwood wired remote fixed next to my left grip they (Kenwood) said it will work with any head unit that has steering wheel control capability's.

I had a Kenwood stereo that worked great for about 15,000 miles then with all the vibrations the face started loosing connection. I've tried double siding taping it, gluing, even drilled through the face and put a screw in it, every thing I tried would work for a while then I'd start loosing connection again so I'm ready to try a non-detachable face. All I need it to have is a usb port that will read a music storage device and can be used with a wired remote control, I don't even need a CD player. Any suggestions? Thanks

d77543020
06-27-2013, 07:50 AM
that kenwood is the only non-detachable i can think of but with a lil bit of glue any unit can be non-detachable

trumpet
06-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Some head units come with screws to lock the face in place. I don't do much with Pioneer but I think they tend to offer that.