PDA

View Full Version : toyota camry wont start.....alarm killswitch??

Donks
06-21-2013, 02:56 PM
My sister has a 95 toyota camry. shes had an alarm put on it last year and up until yesterday it just stopped turning over. when i turn the key. no response, all lights on dash and radio work, good battery voltage, starter...etc I beilive it has something to do with the aftermarket alarm she got put on it last year has finally went FAULTYcause its never had this problem. it locks when its supposed to unlock and unlocks when u lock. and when you unlock and open a door alarm goes off. obviously its faulty, so my quiestion is how do bypass it to make it start again? because ive tried disconnecting alarm and that doesnt work....:pissed:

the alarm is called ASTRA 777. Here is the manual for it - http://www.scytek.net/manuals/astra/a777.pdf

NFrazier
06-26-2013, 01:08 PM
usually the starter wire is split with a relay. it seems like it was normally open (disconnected) unless disarmed (which it's supposed to reconnect). reattach starter wire (it should be the only wire cut down there) and bring it to the shop and tell me to fix their ****.

bmk6795
06-26-2013, 01:53 PM
my ma had the same problem, there was a switch under the dash on the driver side. caused the symptoms that you are talking about

NFrazier
06-26-2013, 02:03 PM
my ma had the same problem, there was a switch under the dash on the driver side. caused the symptoms that you are talking about

typically the SWITCH issue is when the car won't REMOTE start, not start period (the switch is a neutral safety switch).

bmk6795
06-26-2013, 02:18 PM
typically the SWITCH issue is when the car won't REMOTE start, not start period (the switch is a neutral safety switch).

the switch cause the car not to start period. also caused the alarm to go off when you unlocked the car.

NFrazier
06-26-2013, 05:57 PM
the switch cause the car not to start period. also caused the alarm to go off when you unlocked the car.

sounds like whoever installed it really ******* with some of the wiring....