View Full Version : Viper 5904 remote programming question

06-21-2013, 02:34 PM
I have a 1 way SST remote I want to program for it. I Googled this and all I am seeing is basic guides for systems. I'm not sure if the 5904's any different. Would I program it the same as the guides I'm seeing? They're saying with the doors open and car on press the valet button once and press a button on the FOB, do it again and press the 2nd FOB buttons. I'll do this for all 5 buttons? I'm hesitant to just jump in and try it in case it's not the same, I don't want to screw anything up.

Also wondering about the valet button then FOB to program it. Does order matter? I mean let's say the 3rd time I'm pressing the valet one I should be doing the 3rd on the FOB right? seems like a silly question but I'm not sure if the FOB sends something specific so the module knows what was pressed, or it has to be done in an exact order.

06-21-2013, 02:39 PM
i think that works or if you know anyone tat has the bitwritrer that will program easier

06-22-2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, I don't know anyone with the Bitwriter and the shop isn't exactly close.

I decided to follow the guide I saw and I can't get it working. I know the FOB's good becaiuse it worked with the previous brain. I get in the car, with the door open turn on the ignition. Then I press the valet button 2 times, holding it the 2nd time until it chirps. But when I press the lock button on the SST FOB it does nothing. I Googled and am not seeing any specific guides for the 5902/5904 and Viper seems to offer no install manuals what-so-ever. I have the remote in program mode or whatever it's called where you press the F button for 8 seconds.

06-26-2013, 01:18 PM
bitwriter actually doesn't have anything to really do with programming remotes; here's how to program.

1. hold down F button on remote until the LED on the top lights up.
2. open door, key to "on" position, within 5 seconds hit the programming button on the antenna once then hold until the horn honks.
3. press the remote start button on the remote (hard), the LED will blink 3 times, if it doesn't push the remote start button again hard.
4. hit F button on remote once, LED will blink.
5. push and hold F button until the LED goes out.

done, its actually rather easy.