PDA

View Full Version : 33 ebp in a ported enclosure?

kingjd7
06-18-2013, 02:16 AM
I was messing around last night and I bought a Lanzar Maxp15d. I figure if I don't like it I will make a home sub out of it. Anyway I didn't realise whan I bought ithat it's recomended for sealed enclosures. Lanzar doesn't really publish many specs on the sub I actually called them and found that the subs "sweet spot" (what the tech said) was a 4.5 cf sealed enclosure @ 46hz. I really wanted to run this sub in a ported box, with only 350 clean watts running to it. I've been trying to figure out what size of a box to build for the sub all night. I've been reading through a ton of forums, and watching videos but it seems everyone who has bought these subs comes to the same conclusion Lanzar doesn't give you crap for specs. They don't even publish the xmax. These are the only specs they publish. •Fs: 30Hz, Qms: 5.0, Qes: 0.90, Qts: 0.75, SPL: 89(dB), Vas: 6.02(Cuft) So if anyone would like to help me out please do. Btw I know these subs are cheap, but I needed a budget sub, and i've read they are decent for a budget sub.

Thanks

Chriszle
06-18-2013, 02:21 AM
You are best off running it in a sealed enclosure based off the specs you provided.

Chriszle
06-18-2013, 02:29 AM
Don't let it disappoint you, I've had and heard several setups in vehicles using sealed enclosures and they sound d@mn good. You don't get the output of a ported, but you also don't have the steep of roll-off below tuning.

kingjd7
06-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the help. I was kind of expecting to get burned for buying it...lol. Once again thanks. I may just return it and get one sub that's dual 2ohm Vc. That's also a little better. Right now I have a old audiobahn aw1500q in a ported box I made and it sounds decent. The problem is that I can't find another one of them. I've had the Audiobahn sitting in my garage for a long time, and recently got back into car audio. Maybe ill just go with two smaller subs in a ported box, but do more research next time. Anyway thanks again.