PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating switching my alpine type-r's for cdt's

fugit
05-02-2004, 02:16 PM
I have been checking out the reviews and all the info on the cdt components. I heard the alpine 176a's and liked them, so I bought them. I really want great, loud SQ from the components but there's no way for me to hear the cdt's. I was thinking about getting the cdt es-620's, but again I haven't nor can I hear them. Any opinions?

ss3079
05-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Since you can't hear the CDT's ...

Why swap out the Alpines for something you're not sure if you're going to like (I don't have your ears) ? If you like the Alpine set, why get rid of them ?

Just trying to save you money ;)

- Steve

fugit
05-02-2004, 07:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but I really want to have my new system rock. My last one was great, but I had a very limited budget at the time. I can pretty much get what I want now, within reason. (I don't plan on spending too much) So I wanted the cleanest, loudest SQ system I could get for around 2k-2.5k$. I just wanted to post to see if enough people really thought they were THAT much better than what I already have.

fugit
05-02-2004, 07:25 PM
I already have an HU and amps, I was going to spend like 500-1000 on two sets of components.
Just FYI

tobz
05-02-2004, 08:05 PM
All I'm going to say is "interesting".

T.J.