PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of help!

mtx+psi-awsome
06-17-2013, 12:10 PM
I just bought a dd 9512g series sub, I was going to do a regular kerfed L shaped port like all
of my last builds but have decided, after a lot of research I would like to do a aero port.
Im planning to do a 4" aero port and would like it to be tuned to around 33hz for a daily setup (I really love the lows!). So my question is how big should I make this box? I looked every where and people say they love big boxes and then others say they will blow in big boxes
if tuned to low. So if you have info that would help with this box please let me know. and by the way I have a oxygen audio 2.5k and it does around 2.8k at 1 ohm and i have a big trunk to play with ( 07 crown vic).

NASTY08IMPALA
06-17-2013, 12:15 PM
I just bought a dd 9512g series sub, I was going to do a regular kerfed L shaped port like all
of my last builds but have decided, after a lot of research I would like to do a aero port.
Im planning to do a 4" aero port and would like it to be tuned to around 33hz for a daily setup (I really love the lows!). So my question is how big should I make this box? I looked every where and people say they love big boxes and then others say they will blow in big boxes
if tuned to low. So if you have info that would help with this box please let me know. and by the way I have a oxygen audio 2.5k and it does around 2.8k at 1 ohm and i have a big trunk to play with ( 07 crown vic).

yes they like alot of port and big boxes ...4" aero probably not enough port

mtx+psi-awsome
06-17-2013, 12:26 PM
what do you think would work out best size wise for the aero port?

NASTY08IMPALA
06-17-2013, 12:30 PM
what do you think would work out best size wise for the aero port?

6" would be what i would think sounds right but might ask some box builders on here

mtx+psi-awsome
06-17-2013, 12:33 PM
alright thanks for the info man!

mtx+psi-awsome
06-17-2013, 10:34 PM
so here are my plans im going to do a 4 cubic ft box and that's after all displacement and a 6" aero port that will be approximately 16 and 3/4 long tuned to 30 hz
Do you guys think the sub will perform well in this? and if so how much power do you think it will take in the enclosure if its a clean unclipped signal?

Buck
06-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Do a 2.5 cubes box with a big slot port. Why do 4 cubes?

mtx+psi-awsome
06-17-2013, 10:45 PM
everything that I saw it seemed like they liked very big boxes, would it get really low in a 2.5 cube box? and how many inches of port?