PDA

View Full Version : How long before you know you been scammed?

BigSix
06-16-2013, 02:32 PM
I am not here to slam his name or accuse him of scamming me.....yet. However its almost been two weeks since I bought this sub http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/578643-fs-ascendant-audio-atlas-12-*mint*.html

He said it was suppose to be shipped out by last weekend and I pm'd him a few times but his mailbox is full and he hasnt cleared them yet. I paid through paypal and when negotiating he said yes to my offer but said I send as gift, of course I told him no so I paid a little extra to cover pp fees. Just wondering how long before should I wait before I file a claim? Thanks guys

Sub Woofin
06-16-2013, 02:39 PM
I am not here to slam his name or accuse him of scamming me.....yet. However its almost been two weeks since I bought this sub http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/578643-fs-ascendant-audio-atlas-12-*mint*.html

He said it was suppose to be shipped out by last weekend and I pm'd him a few times but his mailbox is full and he hasnt cleared them yet. I paid through paypal and when negotiating he said yes to my offer but said I send as gift, of course I told him no so I paid a little extra to cover pp fees. Just wondering how long before should I wait before I file a claim? Thanks guys

this raises a red flag. did the seller sent you any type of tracking info? i'd wait another day unless you got good reason he's scamming you

resonate
06-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Do you have any way of contacting him other than PMs? PayPal is usually pretty good about making refunds even a while after the deal has been made, so I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.

BigSix
06-16-2013, 02:49 PM
this raises a red flag. did the seller sent you any type of tracking info? i'd wait another day unless you got good reason he's scamming you

no, didnt receive any kind of tracking or communication after last few messages. He said thanks for payment and that it would be shipped out by the weekend and that was 2 tuesdays ago.....

BigSix
06-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Do you have any way of contacting him other than PMs? PayPal is usually pretty good about making refunds even a while after the deal has been made, so I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.

no other way except through here, and his box is still full. Im not that worried about it because I didnt send as gift , just wondering how much longer to wait before I file a claim. This ***** too because I really want this sub

Chriszle
06-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Smart idea about not sending as a gift, if you had you would be SOL. Pretty sure paypal gives you 30 days to file a claim, I would give him another week maximum.

Sub Woofin
06-16-2013, 04:45 PM
AIM Gaul36918
Yahoo! Gaul36918

contact him before making a claim.

JiggaD369

mazdakid
06-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Try to email him with the PayPal email address you sent the payment to.

hispls
06-16-2013, 05:42 PM
The guy's from New Jersey.. That should have been the first warning sign.

BigSix
06-16-2013, 08:33 PM
AIM Gaul36918
Yahoo! Gaul36918

contact him before making a claim.

JiggaD369

yes I will def try to contact him before I file and maybe he sent it parcel post so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt here however if I can get a hold of him by friday and if I dont receive package by then I will be forced to file a claim.....

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Try to email him with the PayPal email address you sent the payment to.

thats a good idea, Ill do that tonight

Sub Woofin
06-16-2013, 09:57 PM
yes I will def try to contact him before I file and maybe he sent it parcel post so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt here however if I can get a hold of him by friday and if I dont receive package by then I will be forced to file a claim.....

that sounds like a plan

quakerroatmeal
06-16-2013, 10:15 PM
I can't stand sellers who don't make it their priority to ship your item out when you paid for it immediately. When someone pays me or I pay someone. I expect the item to go out the next day if not another day at the most with updated tracking information.

It said he was last on here 2 days ago. When was the last time you got in contact with him?

BigSix
06-16-2013, 10:22 PM
I can't stand sellers who don't make it their priority to ship your item out when you paid for it immediately. When someone pays me or I pay someone. I expect the item to go out the next day if not another day at the most with updated tracking information.

It said he was last on here 2 days ago. When was the last time you got in contact with him?

the day I sent him the money which was the 4th

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

the day I sent him the money which was the 4th

I already emailed him so Ill wait a few days before I take the next step

st0n3r
06-16-2013, 10:56 PM
PayPal gives you 90 days to dispute. Do not open a dispute a week after a transaction is made. Life happens and people may get busy. Not everyone makes the internet a daily part of life. For all you know his computer may have died, internet is out. May have gotten sick, been in an accident etc. Unless you are just completely hard up for your money back, just be a bit patient. I know that is asking a lot as im super impatient myself, but try.I sold a few things to people here last week and offered free shipping, sadly to my surprise shipping turned out to cost a TON on both items. $45 to ship sound dampener and like $40 to ship a radio. So i lost out a ton on those sales, but i advertised free same day shipping and i had them out within minutes of receiving payment. Not everyone has that luxury or ability. My vote goes for being patient unless as i said your hard up for the $$ which means your shouldnt have bought the item to begin with. What happens in the future if you sell something and life happens that puts you behind and your buyers are opening disputes? You would wish they would be patient with you.

BigSix
06-17-2013, 12:13 AM
PayPal gives you 90 days to dispute. Do not open a dispute a week after a transaction is made. Life happens and people may get busy. Not everyone makes the internet a daily part of life. For all you know his computer may have died, internet is out. May have gotten sick, been in an accident etc. Unless you are just completely hard up for your money back, just be a bit patient. I know that is asking a lot as im super impatient myself, but try.I sold a few things to people here last week and offered free shipping, sadly to my surprise shipping turned out to cost a TON on both items. $45 to ship sound dampener and like $40 to ship a radio. So i lost out a ton on those sales, but i advertised free same day shipping and i had them out within minutes of receiving payment. Not everyone has that luxury or ability. My vote goes for being patient unless as i said your hard up for the $$ which means your shouldnt have bought the item to begin with. What happens in the future if you sell something and life happens that puts you behind and your buyers are opening disputes? You would wish they would be patient with you.

I understand your points and where you are coming from however as someone else pointed out he was signed in on here 2 days ago so everything you just said has no valid point.

i2ain2thunder
06-17-2013, 12:24 AM
you've been scammed already, file a claim now, don't draw it out. **** him I ship my sells out same day, if you can't do that **** you. Sorry for the language, but scammers can get a brotha upset

Jeffdachef
06-17-2013, 01:05 AM
well the fact that he didnt even list the sales in a proper format should have been a red flag. He needed a picture of his user name, date etc.. He could have just dugged up an old thread and stole those pictures.

black05alti
06-17-2013, 01:30 AM
go ahead and file the claim now

Jes 42
06-17-2013, 01:34 AM
no, didnt receive any kind of tracking or communication after last few messages. He said thanks for payment and that it would be shipped out by the weekend and that was 2 tuesdays ago.....
You're more patient than i am.I would've already filed.No communication is BS..Good luck

BigSix
06-17-2013, 11:10 AM
You're more patient than i am.I would've already filed.No communication is BS..Good luck

Just got an email from him today, he said the sub was shipped and fedex dropped it off my door last friday....however he sent it to my old address in argyle....however the last message I sent him on ca.com was tell him where to ship it to my home in cedar park and that it was confirmed on paypal. so im waiting on for what he wants to do

Jes 42
06-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Just got an email from him today, he said the sub was shipped and fedex dropped it off my door last friday....however he sent it to my old address in argyle....however the last message I sent him on ca.com was tell him where to ship it to my home in cedar park and that it was confirmed on paypal. so im waiting on for what he wants to do
Thats messed up.He just shipped to the pp address i bet..hope he can find it.Do you live far from your old address?Maybe check?

BigSix
06-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Thats messed up.He just shipped to the pp address i bet..hope he can find it.Do you live far from your old address?Maybe check?

im cool with the landlord at that house so today will be a day full of hoops....

Jes 42
06-17-2013, 12:52 PM
im cool with the landlord at that house so today will be a day full of hoops....

Well hopefully you find it.Would think it got shipped back though.

™Caveman
06-18-2013, 01:07 AM
you've been scammed already, file a claim now, don't draw it out. **** him I ship my sells out same day, if you can't do that **** you. Sorry for the language, but scammers can get a brotha upset
Dudes serious here.

d77543020
06-18-2013, 10:40 AM
if he gave you a tracking number you can redirect the shipment

BigSix
06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
if he gave you a tracking number you can redirect the shipment

cant redirect it since it was already delivered and it was delivered to the address that it paid for

BigSix
06-18-2013, 02:45 PM
cant redirect it since it was already delivered and it was delivered to the address that it paid for

just an update , got in contact with old landlord who contacted current tenants.......fedex will be there to pick up sub tomorrow and I will have sub on thursday...had to create an account and pay for shipping but its done now and should be resolved

BigSix
06-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Just want to say thanks to everyone for their help, and also wanted to say that I take half the responsibility on this. Yes I did pm him my correct address on here and it was shipped to my old one , however my home paypal address was never changed so this is the only reason I am taking some responsibility and he is paying over half of the new shipping charges. So this thread was not meant to slander his name but to receive some advice and which I did so this issue has been resolved.

black05alti
06-18-2013, 02:55 PM
:applause:

st0n3r
06-18-2013, 06:21 PM
See, told you patience was key. While it may have been a screw up on shipping, he had to have gotten the old address somehow and most likely to cover himself he shipped it to the verified PayPal address.

BigSix
06-18-2013, 06:36 PM
See, told you patience was key. While it may have been a screw up on shipping, he had to have gotten the old address somehow and most likely to cover himself he shipped it to the verified PayPal address.

I understand where you are coming from but it was shipped 7 days after upon receiving payment, shipped to the wrong address even after being told where to ship it to(regardless of verified addy or not) and I had to take it upon myself to get to get a hold of previous landlord and make an account with fedex and pay for additional shipping fees. So patience has nothing to do with it

st0n3r
06-18-2013, 08:06 PM
even sending your address to him doesnt help, you really need to keep your paypal info up to date. the only way a seller is covered is by shipping to paypal verified. yes the 7 days to ship was bad i agree.

BigSix
06-18-2013, 08:18 PM
even sending your address to him doesnt help, you really need to keep your paypal info up to date. the only way a seller is covered is by shipping to paypal verified. yes the 7 days to ship was bad i agree.

It wasnt that he was trying to protect himself, he had someone else ship it and looked at my info through PayPal.....I understand what you are saying and this is EXACTLY why I'm taking responsibility here and seeing it as a lesson learned

st0n3r
06-18-2013, 08:33 PM
i think you did everything right here. came here asking for insight on how to continue with it. i as a member here am glad to see someone reach out for advice before doing anything, shows good faith and ability to go to all extents before jumping into 1 resolution.

Xrojas13
06-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Is he gonna cover th extra shipping sence he shipped to the wrong address

VWGolfMKVI
06-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Granted it took him a week to ship. I usually ship the next business day. And I ONLY print my shipping slips thru paypal. So, making sure your paypal is updated is a must.

BigSix
06-18-2013, 08:45 PM
i think you did everything right here. came here asking for insight on how to continue with it. i as a member here am glad to see someone reach out for advice before doing anything, shows good faith and ability to go to all extents before jumping into 1 resolution.

Thanks, I try to be an upstanding member in this community... I have done countless transactions here as buyer/seller and I have been in situations where I wasn't able to ship for a few days so I understand that life happens. Which is exactly why I might be a little more understand than the next guy......

BigSix
06-21-2013, 04:52 PM

this transaction has been a disaster all the way from unpacking, finally after 2 1/2 weeks I received the sub today and heres the package job I get for my sub....
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/bigsixwaco/IMAG0226_zps4836fabc.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/bigsixwaco/media/IMAG0226_zps4836fabc.jpg.html)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/bigsixwaco/IMAG0227_zpsf551dc4b.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/bigsixwaco/media/IMAG0227_zpsf551dc4b.jpg.html)

quakerroatmeal
07-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Did the sub get damaged in transaction?

showpump
07-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Hope it works out man, hate seenin this happen

PHD - USA
07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
BigSix clear your pms