PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVIC Z150BH?

AndrewHD
06-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Has anyone tried this unit and would you recommend it? I am mainly looking for a headunit that has good subwoofer output voltage. The navigation is just a bonus, I'm more concerned with the audio output. Just wondering if this is a good unit with audio in mind

pickup1
06-08-2013, 10:52 PM
How much are those bad boys..

AndrewHD
06-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Right around $1000 directly from Sonicelectronix. I have the Eclipse AVN 726E but the voltage on it does not impress me (5v preouts but seems less than 2v). Is there any way I can test the voltage of the RCA outputs?

trumpet
06-10-2013, 04:07 PM
On every head unit you have to turn the volume all the way up, or very close to maximum, to get rated pre-out voltage. If you can't set your gains with the volume that high then you need to turn the gain higher on the sub amp to compensate. I test pre-outs for voltage and clipping with an oscilloscope.

naughtyca
06-10-2013, 04:14 PM
On every head unit you have to turn the volume all the way up, or very close to maximum, to get rated pre-out voltage. If you can't set your gains with the volume that high then you need to turn the gain higher on the sub amp to compensate. I test pre-outs for voltage and clipping with an oscilloscope.

I agree, I have the avic 120bt