PDA

View Full Version : Starr Mountain Sound is Closing it's Internet Door

double 07
06-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Guys I am sad to say I am closing the internet side of my business at the end of this month....I have come to a decision that I am simply working too much with the load of my FT job picking up and working every night and all weekend long on enclosures for you guys....I have made the decision to spend more time with my family and enjoy life more...I will still be a forum member and I am not closing SMS totally I am just going back to my small town local builds which will give me a LOT of my life back....There are a few of you guys that have my cell number if you do need a box from time to time I can still build you one if you want....I have no intentions of selling my SHOP or SAWS......I will stop accepting new builds as of the 20th of this month so as I can get them shipped out in a timely manner.....I appreciate ALL of the support you guys have shown me but FAMILY is first......

Moler1129
06-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Well your enclosures were amazing, thank you for your time here on the forum man! It's going to be weird not seeing you start a new thread with the new box you are making! Thanks Brian!

Hjbennett
06-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Truly a great loss to the community. Your skills are amazing. But i totally agree with your motives. Family should always come first.

Flastrongman
06-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Smart move bro. I've always kept my builds local and have plenty of work, and plenty of time to spend with my family. Plus I make a lot more than I could over the internet.

mylows10
06-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Well I will keep I touch Brian still I totally understand as well it's better to keep it simple and less stressful. Time to take the wife fishing huh ?

double 07
06-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Well I will keep I touch Brian still I totally understand as well it's better to keep it simple and less stressful. Time to take the wife fishing huh ?

Yeah keep in touch Jim I am not unplugging my saw totally...lol.....yes we went fishing this past Saturday morning and she talked to me about it and that's all it took....Her happiness is way more important than any box or the little amount of money made on it.....She should and always will come first....thanks for understanding guys...

mylows10
06-07-2013, 09:28 AM
That's why I keep my business at the level it's at now I used to do many installs and quite a few boxes a few years back. But it just was to time consuming and the wife was miserable because the only time we had together was when we were sleeping so I just cut that part out you gotta do what's good for the family

naughtyca
06-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Good luck on your endeavors

Xrojas13
06-07-2013, 09:53 AM
**** that ***** but u got to do what to have to do. Enjoy ur extra time off

macsdad
06-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Good move, dude. Always keep momma happy. If momma ain't happy, the house ain't happy.

Fireitup
06-07-2013, 10:15 AM
:bawling:

BigBush78
06-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I can respect that. Thanks for the box again.

GLN305
06-07-2013, 04:08 PM
The nice part about having a box building business is that you can start it up again with limited slots for builds if you need some extra cash. Either way, you do great work and I hope you enjoy the family time, it's the most important! I'm guessing you'll be back again in the future, the quality people always are.

Fattony911
06-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Good for you man, I'm sure a lot of people will hate to see your builds go (from the internet) but but when your "hobby" starts to stress you out it can be a little much sometime scaring you away for good. Take the time and remember why you truly love car audio, and your family. GL

Chriszle
06-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Happy wife, happy life. Going to miss looking through all your amazing builds though.

DonH
06-09-2013, 02:55 PM
my reason for stopping the enclosure game.... good luck!

thatguy12
06-09-2013, 03:12 PM
just got my first enclosure from you and was really impressed. sad to see you going. but family comes first. enjoy your free time. thanks telling People instead of just dipping off also, good business man.

jar1zx
06-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Think you will have time to do blue prints of boxes?
A lot of people like me that have the tools and are able to build a box it's that I never learned ports.

It's cool that you are getting time to spend with your family that's the most important thing

Husker
06-12-2013, 11:54 PM
You will be missed... im still enjoying my box along with a ton of other guys and gals!

black05alti
06-13-2013, 03:40 AM
Sad to hear, but best of luck to you and your family. Gotta do what you gotta do!

pinoy2o9
06-13-2013, 05:22 AM
brian's enclosures are going to be vintage soon!!!!

thanks again Brian. Family is always #1 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1)

black05alti
06-13-2013, 05:24 AM
brian's enclosures are going to be vintage soon!!!!

thanks again Brian. Family is always #1 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1)

He'll be back in the game as soon as he gets bored lol

bowhunter
06-13-2013, 05:27 AM
It's nice seeing someone on here getting so much respect... Don't see many threads w/o any hate!

DonH
06-14-2013, 02:17 PM
ya cuz you were a thing.

aha ouch

Lexicon740iL
06-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I was bummed when I saw the thread because you are second to none at what you do and are always a pleasure to do business with.

But on the flip side I'm happy for you in making the decision to take time for yourself and your family because as you stated it's the most important thing.

Hopefully I can shoot u a txt in the future if I need your help and maybe you will have time to fire up that Porter Cable.

Take Care Brian! And long live SMS :)

double 07
06-16-2013, 05:02 PM
I was bummed when I saw the thread because you are second to none at what you do and are always a pleasure to do business with.

But on the flip side I'm happy for you in making the decision to take time for yourself and your family because as you stated it's the most important thing.

Hopefully I can shoot u a txt in the future if I need your help and maybe you will have time to fire up that Porter Cable.

Take Care Brian! And long live SMS :)

Absolutely!!!!.....Just give me a shout I will still be doing local builds and there are a few of you prior out of state customers that have my cell so I am here if you guys need an enclosure in the future....I appreciate the support.......

goingdef
06-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Family first man I don't work weekends for just that reason even though they push me to open Saturdays I tell em like it is I work here to take care of them(family)if they weren't around I wouldn't work here! I'd do something I enjoy!

Cerpintine
06-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Hmm..you said you weren't accepting any new builds after the 20th. Any particular reason you never got back to me via this site or your website? :confused:

After extensive research on buying a ported box, I registered here to get a custom one from you.

double 07
06-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Bump....

cfox10
06-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Bump....

Have time for designs/cut sheets? Or a personal recommendations on who to go to?

double 07
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Have time for designs/cut sheets? Or a personal recommendations on who to go to?

No I probably won't but I would recommend Buck for that...I have built a few of his designs for people...He knows this game well....

BrothaBass
06-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Hey man I understand and can appreciate your decision after our phone conversations! I wouldn't have even known about this forum if you hadn't mentioned it. I'm excited to receive the box for my silverado this week. Wish you and your family the best!

nate1017
06-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Ah dang i was gonna get you to build my box if this local guy falls through, but your definately right gotta put family over business every day man never know how much time you'll get with them. Enjoy your new life man :D

BrothaBass
06-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks for sending me a pic of my enclosure and sending me the tracking #