PDA

View Full Version : No power to installed radio

corykins
06-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Attempted to put in a new radio yesterday, I didn't know they made connectors for the old factory wiring to the new so I cut and crimped the wires together in accordance to how a connector I bought afterwards showed the wires. I turned the car on with everything set up how it should and there was no power. Out of frustration I stuck the yellow battery wire into the lighter socket and it cut on for a while but I need it to work with the radio wires.

What did I do wrong/what can I do to fix it?

pickup1
06-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Screwed the pooch when you cut the plug off.

LOUDNDEEP
06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
break out your light tester. you need to find constant power, ignition power, and ground. once you get those figured out you can worry about the speakers. dont ever cut the harness it only makes life worse for you and a big headache for the next man to own your car. good luck man it wont take that long just be patient and take your time

quakerroatmeal
06-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Did you run your power yellow wire straight to the battery?

quakerroatmeal
06-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Double post accident

quakerroatmeal
06-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Double post accident.

quakerroatmeal
06-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Double post

corykins
06-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Did you run your power yellow wire straight to the battery?

No I've crimped all the wires already and I don't know how to run it straight to the battery

jar1zx
06-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Sometimes you have to run the remote turn on from fuse box.
Best thing to do if you can is rewire the factory harness back up then buy adaptor.
Never cut wire harness, I haven't cut a harness since the 80's back then it was hard to find the harness round here in a small town but now they sale them everywhere. It's a ***** running test lights an using a 9 volt batt to get your speakers right and takes time.
Soooo much faster to use adaptor. Safer and car Re sales better with the wires not all hacked up