PDA

View Full Version : Clarion NZ503--Thoughts?

Larson197
06-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have experience with these units yet? I saw the Clarion NZ503 on Crutchfield today, and so far it is the only unit with all the features I'm looking for, but, being new, I don't know whether it's really worth the money.

What I'm searching for is a head unit with the following:

Single DIN
Flip out touch screen
Six pre amp outs
HD radio equipped (or optional)
Bluetooth (hands free calling, bluetooth audio streaming)
Android compatible

And naturally, I want quality audio, but the relevant stats often times aren't reported in the most common locations.

trumpet
06-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Android compatibility is limited on this head unit compared to the NX603 and some of the marine units. I realize the NX603 is not the same type of radio, as it's a double DIN. It's more accurate to say this head unit fully supports iPod/iPhone and it has limited Android support. Crutchfield is one of only 2 authorized online retailers for Clarion, so that means they have to follow their price policies. I'm a Clarion dealer and I should be able to order this head unit today. I'm still waiting to get the NX603, as I have that on backorder.

One more note, it's HD Radio ready, meaning you have to buy the tuner separately. The same goes for SiriusXM.

mylows10
06-05-2013, 05:53 PM
i just sold one to a member here , have yet to hear any good or bad things about them tho .and i sold it for $100 less than crutchfield with a full warranty as well