PDA

View Full Version : CDT Audio HD 62

oachalon
06-04-2013, 06:11 PM
I haven't been on here in years. Reason i am posting is i have a set of CDT Audio HD62's that were purchased probably 8-9 years ago. They have been sitting in my basement for roughly 6 years. I am thinking about putting these in my current vehicle but was wondering how they compare to newer component sets.

8-9 years ago this was i think a $600 component set. How does it compare to todays $300-$350 component sets?

Is it worth installing these again, or am i better off going new?

trumpet
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
The current HD-62 set has different crossovers and possibly revised woofers since you bought your set. The tweeters are DRT-25 silk domes. Today the price is $449 for a new set. They're one of CDT's best selling 2-way systems. A lot of people try other brands first and are blown away by the differences they hear. Your set is getting quite old, but if it worked fine when you took the speakers out I would give them a try.

oachalon
06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
My set does have the DR-25 silk tweeters. My crossovers are the Satnet 456.

I have those and a kicker zx350.4 amp sitting in a box doing nothing.

mylows10
06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
My set does have the DR-25 silk tweeters. My crossovers are the Satnet 456.

I have those and a kicker zx350.4 amp sitting in a box doing nothing.

i'd hook them up and see if they still sound good ,that x over hasnt been used in quite some years ,i believe at lease 5 if i remember right .but you can always just replace what doesnt work ,since all cdt components interchange

oachalon
06-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Maybe I will try and bench test them tomorrow. The crossovers are good. Checked all the caps, inductors, and resistors. All the values match and all of the connections are good.