PDA

View Full Version : JL Audio C3-650 or equivalent?

Larson197
06-04-2013, 02:56 PM
So Iíve got something of a conundrum. While I am not all that experienced in car audio, Iíve received some great help as of late, and Iím learning a lot. That said, I need some quick advice on whether or not to purchase a set of speakers, as the sale price wonít last long.

Iím currently looking at a $400 to $500 price range for my front set of components, and have spied the JL Audio C3-650 or C5-650. Iím not too clear on the difference between the two in the first place other than the surround material is rubber in the C3 and butyl rubber in the C5.

Other than those though, are there any speakers in this price range which anyone would suggest over this set?

Thanks for your advice

trumpet
06-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I have some suggestions that include a couple of 3-way sets in your budget. PM me or start a WTB thread, please.

Dtrom
06-04-2013, 05:48 PM
I ran the C5's a couple years back and they are incredible

zako
06-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Hybrid Audio Unity (new) or Hybrid Audio Clarus (used). If I had the money and mounting depth, Clarus would be my choice. The paper mids are a gem, as they have some serious bass potential and also play flat up to at least 5KHz. The C5s are probably very good too. Maybe give them a listen, though on demo board they won't sound the same as in your car.

Why So Cereal?
06-05-2013, 10:44 AM
The C3s, IMO are not worth the money. The C5s are, though.

In that price range I like the Image Dynamics XS series, though.