PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend a double din touch screen headunit under $400.

kingrukus
05-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Can anyone reccomend a good double din touch screen headunit under $400 which has blue tooth capabilities, can read MP3s and videos directly from USB / memory card, and perhaps sync with my Android phone to use it's apps? GPS would be nice too. No DVD/CD needed.

I was looking at the Pioneer App Radio 2, and it is apparrently laggy / buggy. GPS would be a nice bonus too.

I would also like something that has good pre-out voltage to feed an amp for subwoofer, and perhaps another pre-out to feed an amp for components.

Pioneer? Kenwood? Alpine? etc?

kingrukus
05-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Anyone?

Also how are those cheap ones like this power acoustic?

Power Acoustik PD-650B 6.5" DVD/MP3 LCD Touchscreen Car Receiver (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_52411_Power-Acoustik-PD-650B.html)

trumpet
05-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Android support of that kind is nonexistent for under $400. The AppRadio 3 is coming out soon, but you should check Pioneer's web site to see if your phone is supported. Clarion has some good Android support but again not for under $400. For 2013 they have mirroring through HDMI with their Smart Access units. This means you can view and control your Android device's home screen on the screen of the head unit.

naughtyca
05-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Android app is still hard to come by on head units, but you can look into the ingenix power acoustik, a little over $300 and gps included, soundstream and precision power also has the ingenix version, its windows ce OS

kingrukus
05-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Android app is still hard to come by on head units, but you can look into the ingenix power acoustik, a little over $300 and gps included, soundstream and precision power also has the ingenix version, its windows ce OS

Do you know which model is a little over $300? I was on sonicelectronix and the cheapest Power Acoustik ingenix I saw was the PNX-761 at $420. The unit does look impressive though.

I am actually starting to think that android integration isn't really what I want/need.. what I really need is simply Bluetooth, the ability to manage and play MP3s from a USB, touchscreen, and GPS. Being able to stream youtube from my android phone is a bonus.

naughtyca
05-31-2013, 05:03 PM
I might be wrong on a little over 300 might be 400, 3kings sells the power akoustik too might be cheaper than sonic. you would want to be able to play video thru sd card and my avic usb can do a card reader so all my stuff are on sd cards 16gb each card, these can hold a lot of music videos and mp3 plus blutooth for pandora or any radjio station app for android, if im not mistaken these ingenix will do all that plus external hard drive till 32gb or 64gb (not 100% sure on 64gb)