PDA

View Full Version : ODD tweeter location..

SubieSPL_Maniac
05-30-2013, 10:45 PM
so I'm in desperate need of highs.. I have a forester with a stock tweeter location, but my bass is so much more powerful than the mids and highs. I'm looking to add a second pair of tweeters for the front, but don't know where to put them. I don't want to do any custom fiber-glassing to the front pillars or anything like that. I was looking at bullet tweeters and even horns and was wondering if i can put them UNDER MY SEAT! has anyone ever tried that???

BrownVanMan
05-30-2013, 10:47 PM
tweeters are very directional, doubt you would see much gain mounting them under the seat like that

trumpet
05-30-2013, 11:02 PM
There are tweeter add-on systems for better sound quality.

SubieSPL_Maniac
05-30-2013, 11:18 PM
tweeter ad on system? and does it cost alot?

Gonzalez1988
05-30-2013, 11:30 PM
I hate that sound when the bass overpowers the interior speakers, sounds like crap. Im guessing your interior speakers are stock?

VWGolfMKVI
05-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Yeah if you mount them under the seats, the only thing thats gonna hear them will be your feet.

trumpet
05-30-2013, 11:53 PM
tweeter ad on system? and does it cost alot?

Right now I'm not sure more tweeters is really what you need, but if you want more info on the tweeter add-ons I was referring to send please me a p.m.

SubieSPL_Maniac
05-30-2013, 11:54 PM
I hate that sound when the bass overpowers the interior speakers, sounds like crap. Im guessing your interior speakers are stock?
no I have power acoustic components but they are not set up to the crossovers yet cus i dont have the amp kit for the 4 channel amp yet. and now the front left tweeter blew when i turned it up too high

Chrispy
05-31-2013, 03:38 AM
Get that four channel and crossovers hooked up... And you probably want more mid-range (vocal) which tweeters do not provide.