PDA

View Full Version : Which speaker for a-pillar?

Bass911
05-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Which speaker out of these will be the best in a pillar? The RF has no grill so it might not work for me. I guess I'm looking for the most output.

Skar rpx4
Rf t142
ID ctx4
Jbl p462

trumpet
05-29-2013, 04:21 PM
You looking for a lot of sound right in your face? I don't think anyone here is going to recommend you follow through with this plan.

Bass911
05-29-2013, 04:57 PM
You looking for a lot of sound right in your face? I don't think anyone here is going to recommend you follow through with this plan.

It won't be that bad. I'd recommend against people running subs right behind their head, but what's the point because they'll do it anyways. It is far worse than me putting some 4 inchers in a-pillars.

mlstrass
05-30-2013, 05:33 AM
What is your current front stage? Just adding some 4 inchers in the A pillars won't do much to make you louder...

Jroo
05-30-2013, 11:07 AM
What are you trying to gain by placing a speaker in a pillar? If you are trying to get loud, I would do it another way. Placing speakers in A pillar creates a whole new set of issues. I messed around with 5 1/4 in my apillar but did a lot of T/A to make work. If you do it start thing about processing to make it sound right!

Bass911
05-30-2013, 12:54 PM
I want to bring the soundstage up a little. I wanted to add silk tweeters in the pillars hoping they don't get drowned out? I haven't installed anything yet. I have a Selenium and bullet tweet in each door right now but its coming out. I'm not worried about getting louder, but I know silk tweeters will pick up some highs the bullets won't if they're not drowned out.

Setup:
4) Sa15
4) 6.5 front
6) bullet tweets front
2) 5.25 front
2) 6.5 rear
2) bullet tweets rear
2) mono amps strapped
3) amps on highs and mids
Pioneer x940bt
Audiocontrol Eqx

These are the bullet tweeters
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/jirving88/20130112_132848.jpg

gckless
05-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Bro, just put pretty much anything you want there, because your car is gonna sound like **** simply based on the rest of your equipment/location list.

Bass911
05-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Well you experts would know, and Dummy I've never lived in the ghetto. My current pro audio stuff sounds good. I'm just experimenting with different setups. I already know what Focal, Audison, Hertz, Cdt, Boston Pro, the real Mb Quart, JL, and Morel sound like because I've already had these setups. The last guy that sat in my truck had an hour long demo because he loved how it sounded. There's a bunch of so called famous youtube guys running pro audio out of phase with speakers in the console and all across the dash. Those are bad setups imo. Everywhere I go when guys hear my system they ask for a demo. They usually tell me that my system sounds better than theirs, so how ghetto can it be. If you hate pro audio just say it. I'm doing the pillars and will try to get a vid of some real car audio lovers loving it. I'm not a Meade fan, but out of all the demos he has done I've never heard anyone tell him "your pillars sound bad".

gckless
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Well you experts would know, and Dummy I've never lived in the ghetto. My current pro audio stuff sounds good. I'm just experimenting with different setups. I already know what Focal, Audison, Hertz, Cdt, Boston Pro, the real Mb Quart, JL, and Morel sound like because I've already had these setups. The last guy that sat in my truck had an hour long demo because he loved how it sounded. There's a bunch of so called famous youtube guys running pro audio out of phase with speakers in the console and all across the dash. Those are bad setups imo. Everywhere I go when guys hear my system they ask for a demo. They usually tell me that my system sounds better than theirs, so how ghetto can it be. If you hate pro audio just say it. I'm doing the pillars and will try to get a vid of some real car audio lovers loving it. I'm not a Meade fan, but out of all the demos he has done I've never heard anyone tell him "your pillars sound bad".

Dafuq are you even talking about with the pro audio? You created this thread asking which coaxial to put in the a pillars. You got a picture of your setup?

Bass911
05-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Dafuq are you even talking about with the pro audio? You created this thread asking which coaxial to put in the a pillars. You got a picture of your setup?

Like I said before it is not installed yet. I ripped the old system out to put down new carpet. The whole interior is getting done right now. I will start the install when my truck gets back from getting painted. Don't worry about the pillars, its not that serious!

gckless
05-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Like I said before it is not installed yet. I ripped the old system out to put down new carpet. The whole interior is getting done right now. I will start the install when my truck gets back from getting painted. Don't worry about the pillars, its not that serious!

So what you're saying is forget this whole thread. Got it.