PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all who are still into audiophile!

ScoobyDu
05-29-2013, 09:17 AM
I am a 44 yr old guy who grew up sticking whatever amps and speakers I could find into my car until my friend turned me on to (quality equipment) orion,ppi,lanzar,boston accoustics,hifonics,etc. Then I began to actually save up for what I wanted and save all the stuff until I had it all together and put it all into my corsica. Wow! kenwood cd with 10 disc changer and remote,kenwood 8band eq, cadence bass expansion regeneration unit. soundstream reference 500 amp powering my 2 12" graffiti sound subs,and a ppi art series amp 4 channel running my mids and highs. 5.5 pioneers with 1" tweeters up front and cadence 6x9s in the rear for fill. This was the best system I have had so far, but im thinking about putting four 12's into the trunk of my 69 impala. just gotta find a amp that will push em. I'm thinking maybe a orion hcca 225 or 250! I have been installing for over 20 yrs now and still enjoy it alot. I still get giddy like a school girl when I hear a system pound that I have installed myself.

basswiigee
05-29-2013, 10:24 AM
sad to know that most those brands you named sold out and aren't what they used to be... the hcca are still good... depending on the subs people will offer up suggestions, just remember brands aren't what they used to be... lol neither are prices...

pickup1
05-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Might want a bigger amp than those o-fry-ons....

Phoenix Risen
05-29-2013, 11:25 AM
how much of a budget are you talking for your 4 12's setup?

Welcome btw.