PDA

View Full Version : Good 5.25 speakers?

razaice
05-28-2013, 02:36 PM
What are some good 5.25 speakers? I would need four that I'd be running off my pioneer head unit. I would also be running a single ab xfl 15 on 1000 watts if that matters. I wouldn't really need much bass if any from the 5.25 speakers, I'd just be looking for clear sound.

timhof13
05-28-2013, 02:42 PM
bravox off PE has some nice ones right now

Chriszle
05-28-2013, 02:46 PM
If your getting aftermarket speakers, your best bet is to get at least a small amp for them. Head units do not put out enough clean power. Often times aftermarket speakers will not sound as good as stock speakers on head unit power. Also, it is difficult to recommend speakers without a budget, or goals. What sounds good to someone might sound like crap to the next person.

razaice
05-28-2013, 02:48 PM
If your getting aftermarket speakers, your best bet is to get at least a small amp for them. Head units do not put out enough clean power. Often times aftermarket speakers will not sound as good as stock speakers on head unit power. Also, it is difficult to recommend speakers without a budget, or goals. What sounds good to someone might sound like crap to the next person.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I'm looking for cheap speakers pretty much. I basically want them to be able to play treble that I can hear over the sub bass.

trumpet
05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
A simple but good upgrade would be 2 pairs of 2 ohm coaxials and a mini 4-channel amplifier.

zako
06-18-2013, 04:14 AM
A lot of guys who played with Morel Maximos said the sensitivity is high, so they might do well on head unit power. Most of power consumption happens at lower frequencies. Considering the 5.25s start to run out of steam at 100Hz, if you set the high pass crossover at 100Hz or so perhaps they won't be as starved for power. Don't expect miracles though.

DoesDad
06-18-2013, 06:55 AM
I bought a cheap set of Polks off Amazon: Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB521 5.25-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair, Silver): Car Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-5-25-Inch-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B000P0PF8C) I'm running them off my Kenwood HU in a '99 Monte Carlo and it was a huge difference from the stock. Much better sound. I also spent a little bit to deaden the doors as well which also made a big difference.

keep_hope_alive
06-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Trumpet has an awesome price on a PPI 2 channel amp that could power four of the Bravox or Aura closeout coax on PE. The investment would be under $200 but you would have the output clarity and volume for your needs.

black05alti
06-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Trumpet has an awesome price on a PPI 2 channel amp that could power four of the Bravox or Aura closeout coax on PE. The investment would be under $200 but you would have the output clarity and volume for your needs.

Take this man's suggestion on the the PPI amp from Trumpet. Great deal