PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit swapping, have question

cactusjac7
05-26-2013, 01:22 AM
Hey everyone, im new here so forgive me if im posting in the wrong forum. I have a question regarding my current set up in my car. I have an Alpine CDA9886 head unit in my car. Its a good unit with Ipod hook up and also has a 6 disc changer (also Alpine) mounted in my trunk. The unit has bluetooth capabilities but the adapter was never installed. I want to add the bluetooth but the adapter costs $250.

My question is if i replace the head unit is there anyway I can still use the 6 disc changer. I was thinking if I get another Alpine unit it might still work but I feel swapping out the unit with a bluetooth enabled unit is a much cheaper option rather then buying the bluetooth adapter.

Any help would be greatly appriciated and thanks in advance!

plugger
05-26-2013, 01:54 AM
the changer will probably work with another alpine head unit just check to make sure its compatible with your new one and thats a good plan

pickup1
05-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Just find a head unit that starts with CDA-....

tommydh
05-26-2013, 08:05 AM
some Headunits can use a second auxilary to run changers. Im sure you can find a Unit that does all you need, but I was in same boat last year either spend 175 to get 150 HU blue tooth or 200 for 80PRS so i got the 80 PRS