PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Sound deadner feeback

XedLos
05-25-2013, 09:41 PM
So im thinking of buying some sound deadning for my car before I put my interior in it. After reading a bunch on various sound deadening options I am shying away from fat mat. I found this material on ebay and its made out of butyl and not asphalt or some other rubberized compound as fat mat puts it.
I know you guys may have not tried this material out but what do you guys think about it any one maybe tried something similar?

I know its not made for cars and I am interested in it because its cheap. It would be better than not having any sound deadingin.

You can see the sound deadner on ebay by searching: 1 NEW Bulk Roll Mat 100 sqft BUTYL RUBBER use as Auto Sound Deadener Material (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-Bulk-Roll-Mat-100-sqft-BUTYL-RUBBER-use-Auto-Sound-Deadener-Material-/181132312968)

Popwarhomie
05-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Do it right the first time.

Go with Audio technix if your trying to save some money. Pretty sure they are selling cheap because they will be changing names.

glitchsta
05-25-2013, 10:25 PM
I went the cheap route...used RAAMmat for my first 37.5 sq.ft...It ran about $3.33/ sq.ft. The picked up some GTMat off ebay for about $1.50 - 2 /sq.ft. from winning auctions no one was bidding on. Have not had any negative results from using this stuff but ^^^^ is right Audio technix is the way to go right now....you can pick it up for $2.25/ sq.ft. Check it out here Audio Technix BLOWOUT SALE!! - Car Audio Classifieds (http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/thedinger-distribution/151377-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html)

Definitly what I would get if I was getting some more...

naughtyca
05-25-2013, 11:44 PM
I went the cheap route...used RAAMmat for my first 37.5 sq.ft...It ran about $3.33/ sq.ft. The picked up some GTMat off ebay for about $1.50 - 2 /sq.ft. from winning auctions no one was bidding on. Have not had any negative results from using this stuff but ^^^^ is right Audio technix is the way to go right now....you can pick it up for $2.25/ sq.ft. Check it out here Audio Technix BLOWOUT SALE!! - Car Audio Classifieds (http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/thedinger-distribution/151377-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html)

I agree

naughtyca
05-25-2013, 11:44 PM

I agree

hispls
05-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Hard telling without an actual link. I must say I've used some alternative deadeners in the past with good results. Deadener is one of those things that people try very hard to justify over-spending on IMO.

glitchsta
05-26-2013, 05:17 AM
I did not look at the link in ops msg till now...but that stuff on ebay I would say screw it and try it also...I am highly into getting the best bang for the buck...so if I could score some at $1/sq ft and it worked decent I would be happy as hell that I didnt pay $3+ for some name brand stuff. As long as you get butyl like it claims and its not asphalt based you should be ok...thats probably the main thing to watch for when looking for some deadening...the thickness and if its butyl or asphalt based goo ...good luck with your build

Jeffdachef
05-26-2013, 05:59 AM
lol you can use Lowe's peel and seal 16$ for 25 sq ft. if you really going the cheap path. but keep in mind, with cheap stuff, your going to need more layers and no guarantee how many layers it will take to get the same results as a legit brand.

garretttt4
05-26-2013, 06:06 AM
Just go audio technix with that blowout sale that guy linked above. You know what you're getting, and it really cheap right now.

Jeffdachef
05-26-2013, 06:49 AM
have you seen their youtube video underneath the product description? Desi Offers Another *Butyl* Material Close-Out Special - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HoQkLZHUZ7k#!)
holy crap thats a bad sale pitch!

momax_powers
05-26-2013, 06:59 AM
2mil aluminum layer is shiat... Not worth it....ur gonna have to double up so might as well get 40sqft of 80mil from AT for $105

garretttt4
05-26-2013, 07:28 AM
2mil aluminum layer is shiat... Not worth it....ur gonna have to double up so might as well get 40sqft of 80mil from AT for $105

Agreed.

SACRAMANIAC916
06-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Audio Technix for sure! I bought a 40sq pack and it made a huge difference in my car.
Plus, customer service is the sh*t! They actually care about their customers and product!