View Full Version : Threatcon 2 Arrived!!! Pictures

jasonbillnelson
05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2z4fq6p.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/33p7seu.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/97rvcx.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2zf5wrs.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/8zifx0.jpg

There it is!!! I'll have a video up tomorrow. I've got it installed in my Dodge Nitro now and I've got 500 RMS going to it right now for the recommended 10hr 500 RMS break-in period. I've got the DVC 2 Ohm version.

I installed it and played it for around 15 min....super clean bass right out the gate. Can't wait to hear it when it's broken in and put some more power to it! After break in, I intend to run 800-850 RMS to it.

*****VIDEO ADDED 22 MAY 13*****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnoLswTech4

12" DVC 2 ohm Threatcon 2 on a American Bass VFL-Hybrid 4480.1 at 1 ohm turned down to run at 500 watts RMS for the subwoofers break in period. I realized that I had the volume at around half at the 1 minute mark and turned it up.

I recorded in HD so make sure that you choose that option when viewing!!

SounDrive
05-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Break in period? Eh....

Timmy13091
05-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Break in period? Eh....

:crazy:

Spooney
05-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Received mine today as well. Took a bunch of pics but you beat me to the punch. Running just one of the pair I bought in 1.75 cubes tuned to 35 hz. Sounding really good so far with the bass tracks/rap I have played through it . Output is right on par with any other sub I have used in this power range. Sounding good all around as it hits both low low bass and upper bass well. I ran some 10 hz tones through it for about 10 minutes before I installed it and that seemed to loosen it up pretty good so I went ahead and let it rip. Its having no issue taking all my 9.1 has to offer cleanly at 2 ohms nominal. So far I'm very happy with it .

Imtjnotu
05-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Received mine today as well. Took a bunch of pics but you beat me to the punch. Running just one of the pair I bought in 1.75 cubes tuned to 35 hz. Sounding really good so far with the bass tracks/rap I have played through it . Output is right on par with any other sub I have used in this power range. Sounding good all around as it hits both low low bass and upper bass well. I ran some 10 hz tones through it for about 10 minutes before I installed it and that seemed to loosen it up pretty good so I went ahead and let it rip. Its having no issue taking all my 9.1 has to offer cleanly at 2 ohms nominal. So far I'm very happy with it .

where have u been

Spooney
05-22-2013, 12:00 AM
where have u been

I am here lurking on the forum everyday just haven't been posting/selling as much. Been crazy busy with work and the family lately. How ya been TJ?

9515ROB
05-22-2013, 12:18 AM
looks like just another mass produced china woofer that you buy in bulk and slap your logo on

SounDrive
05-22-2013, 12:40 AM
looks like just another mass produced china woofer that you buy in bulk and slap your logo on

If it looks and sounds like a mass produced China woofer than you buy in bulk and slap your logo on, it's probably a mass produced China woofer than you buy in bulk and slap your logo on.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt it

jasonbillnelson
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM

That's awesome man! I'm glad you're happy with it! I took a video of mine just at 500 RMS. I'm gonna wait the week or two for the 10 hours of playing. I'll be posting the video up as soon as it finished uploading to youtube.

05fronty
05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Mine won't be here till tomorrow fml

naughtyca
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
If it looks and sounds like a mass produced China woofer than you buy in bulk and slap your logo on, it's probably a mass produced China woofer than you buy in bulk and slap your logo on.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt it

the difference is price is not $250 like all the rest, you might have forgotten 90% of subs out there are made in china.

SounDrive
05-22-2013, 01:24 PM
the difference is price is not $250 like all the rest, you might have forgotten 90% of subs out there are made in china.

There's a difference between good QC and cookie cutter subs with logos slapped on them

Timmy13091
05-22-2013, 01:30 PM

:bsflag:

DDtC
05-22-2013, 01:55 PM
I dont think it would be a big deal if the market wasnt already flooded with cookie cutter everything. Car audio has advanced so much over the last 10 years alone, I dont see much else that can be done.
All of the big names now had to be inivative back in the day to stay on top. Most of the inivation they try to do now makes thier products worse, its mostly about cost efficent mass production.
These new small names like C2 want to bring a good product to the masses at low cost. Corners have to be cut, only time will tell what those corners are. In this case it seems like motor force and soft parts. We will see if they end up like FLEX, Skar, or Sundown.

naughtyca
05-22-2013, 02:32 PM
You guys should appreciate that he is pricing these subs. Like how it is supposes to be priced unlike other companies that puts so much profit on the subs

DDtC
05-22-2013, 03:08 PM
You guys should appreciate that he is pricing these subs. Like how it is supposes to be priced unlike other companies that puts so much profit on the subs

Others put money in R&D, testing equipment, modeling software.
This guy picked cheap parts out of a catalog. I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

galacticmonkey
05-22-2013, 03:38 PM
We always have this talk with him on FLSPL... He only buys the cheapest of the cheap, and thinks anything that is expensive or quality is just a rip off with no exceptions.

C2 Audio
05-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I am new to the game as far as manufacturing but not new to car audio so I did expect the haters when I created C2 Audio. I Do Understand why people are quick to hate.... and I get why they are so quick to judge. We have all seen Brands come and go.... These days more than ever. I can give you some background on myself. I started selling and installing car audio in 1994 in Youngstown Ohio. Since than I have managed a retail location and 3 years ago opened my own retail store called Car Stereo Headquarters also located in Youngstown Ohio. My business partner now manages our retail store and I handle day to day operations for Car Stereo Giant and C2 Audio. I know woofers simply because I have been selling and installing them for 19 years.... If you are around anything for 19 years, you get a good grasp for what does and does not work. The Threatcon-2 woofer does have an off the shelf basket.... I figured Why spend money for tooling on a basket when it just was not needed for this series. Most companys in this price range use a "off the shelf steel basket" we use aluminum and a Larger Higher Temp coil in the same price range as other brands. And yes I had a lot of off the shelf complete woofers sent to us for testing and they simply did not come close to the current Threatcon-2. Give the woofer a try, or atleast listen to one before passing judgement, I am sure you will love it for $129.
Others put money in R&D, testing equipment, modeling software.
This guy picked cheap parts out of a catalog. I wouldn't expect you to understand that.