PDA

View Full Version : CDT ES's vs HD's

someone16
04-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Is the es line worth the extra money? I currently have MB Quart premiums and i am going to move those to the back and i am pretty sure i am going to go with cdt, so i was just wondering how the hd's perform compared to the es's.

someone16
05-01-2004, 11:19 AM
anyone know anything about these two?

CAMSHAFT
05-09-2004, 03:39 PM
I listened to some HD's this weekend and they sounded great when i asked the guy at the shop about Euro's he said they arent worth the money! He said the HD's and the Euro's are essentially the same except for X-overs! HMMM... I would have to listen to them to say that which he has!!

rocktonic13
05-09-2004, 08:12 PM
offtopic, james whats your AIM?

tomhanaway
05-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I've got 6" eurosport braxials for my front door speakers. They had a great sale from the CDT website and www. thezeb.com for $499 for the pair. I didn't have the opportunity to hear the HD's.
I can tell you that the euros sound beautiful. I'm running 150 watts into each and you can hear each guitar string. The nice thing about getting the best you can swing is that you don't spend a lot of time thinking "if only I had gotten....".
YMMV but I'm real comfortable with my choice.

dflock
05-11-2004, 12:25 AM
I listened to some HD's this weekend and they sounded great when i asked the guy at the shop about Euro's he said they arent worth the money! He said the HD's and the Euro's are essentially the same except for X-overs! HMMM... I would have to listen to them to say that which he has!!

I have Euro's, never heard the HDs. But the woofer on the HDs is different from the EuroSports, so they aren't essentially the same. Also, the tweeter in the Euros is different as well... so basically what I am getting at is they are different. Soundwise I couldn't tell you a **** think except that the Euro's are excellent sounding speakers.