PDA

View Full Version : C2 Audio Threatcon 2 Review Thread

C2 Audio
05-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Woofers are all shipped out and a few people have already received them. This thread will strictly be for your reviews of the Threatcon 2 woofers. I would like to see as many videos as possible. Please post your videos and comments in this thread!

Don't forget the recommended break in period! We've found that running the woofers at 500 watts for 10 hours of play will make for a great woofer.

Thanks for all the support and lets see those videos!!!

---Chris

pickup1
05-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Where can these be bought...might want to try some dual 2 12s...

The Audio Guy
05-20-2013, 10:02 PM
A Video will be of mine within end of week if get them Wednesday

jasonbillnelson
05-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Where can these be bought...might want to try some dual 2 12s...

CarStereoGiant (http://www.carstereogiant.com) that's where you can find them.

And after the break in period I will be taking a video of mine for sure!!!

Reinhardt
05-21-2013, 11:00 AM
I cant wait for mine!!!!

jasonbillnelson
05-22-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnoLswTech4

12" DVC 2 ohm Threatcon 2 on a American Bass VFL-Hybrid 4480.1 at 1 ohm turned down to run at 500 watts RMS for the subwoofers break in period. I realized that I had the volume at around half at the 1 minute mark and turned it up.

I recorded in HD so make sure that you choose that option when viewing!!

IonRL205
05-22-2013, 10:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnoLswTech4

12" DVC 2 ohm Threatcon 2 on a American Bass VFL-Hybrid 4480.1 at 1 ohm turned down to run at 500 watts RMS for the subwoofers break in period. I realized that I had the volume at around half at the 1 minute mark and turned it up.

I recorded in HD so make sure that you choose that option when viewing!!

That video doesn't show anything other than your sub playing. I should hope your sub plays

jasonbillnelson
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
That video doesn't show anything other than your sub playing. I should hope your sub plays

Thanks for your keen observation! After it breaks in I will post another video of it running at 800-850 RMS. This was just to get what it does at 500 RMS up for people to see.

Until it's broken in...this is what I have for now.

Phoenix Risen
05-22-2013, 10:56 AM
why such and emphasis on the break in, (i know subs break in over time, and ive done it many times so i can pull tsp's that wont change as much).

can the soft parts not take full tilt out of the box?

naughtyca
05-22-2013, 11:06 AM
I never do break in on subs, i just notice it plays better lower freq better after a while

IonRL205
05-22-2013, 11:30 AM
I've never broken in anything either

Hell I had some Kicker cvrs, ran them overpowered clipped to hell right out of the box, never had any problems with them.

C2 Audio
05-22-2013, 03:51 PM
The Spiders should have break in time to allow the woofer to move properly. This woofer does have two spiders and does take about 10 hours at 500 watts untill they are at optimal performance. Sure you can fire them up at 1500 watts out of the box.... but this is also how people heat and possibly damage the coil. The Coil will try to move the cone further than the spider will allow causing higher temp on the coil than if the woofer was able to freely move the entire distance it is designed to play in. I have personally tested the Threatcon-2 woofer in my own car out of the box and properly broken in. Once broken in it performs beyond peoples expectations so I am not sure why anyone would not break it in to get maximum performance. I don't care if this conversation is about woofers, cars or lawnmowers..... Any motor assembly should have a break in time before going full tilt. Some people prefer low power low frequency to stretch things out and that is fine too but all in all throwing every watt of power you can at it fresh out of the box will just shorten its life span. Everyone these days is in such a rush, slow down and break them in... the pay off is worth it. -Chris

DDtC
05-22-2013, 04:21 PM
The Spiders should have break in time to allow the woofer to move properly. This woofer does have two spiders and does take about 10 hours at 500 watts untill they are at optimal performance. Sure you can fire them up at 1500 watts out of the box.... but this is also how people heat and possibly damage the coil. The Coil will try to move the cone further than the spider will allow causing higher temp on the coil than if the woofer was able to freely move the entire distance it is designed to play in. I have personally tested the Threatcon-2 woofer in my own car out of the box and properly broken in. Once broken in it performs beyond peoples expectations so I am not sure why anyone would not break it in to get maximum performance. I don't care if this conversation is about woofers, cars or lawnmowers..... Any motor assembly should have a break in time before going full tilt. Some people prefer low power low frequency to stretch things out and that is fine too but all in all throwing every watt of power you can at it fresh out of the box will just shorten its life span. Everyone these days is in such a rush, slow down and break them in... the pay off is worth it. -Chris

I thought you said it didn't like 1200 watts before?

C2 Audio
05-22-2013, 05:34 PM
This is were I regret not having exact clamp numbers from all the prototype testing.... The woofer is designed to come out of the gap once it hits mechanical limits. The Dual spiders do hold the cone and coil in place so we have Not had any reason to add a top pole extension as the woofer stays alligned even when consecutively played out of the gap. It Pops when out of the gap hence making the consumer aware that it needs turned down as the mechanical limits have been surpassed. The woofer motor force and and 3" coil are over kill for this 600 watt RMS woofer. The real Watt ratting of were the mechanical limits are varies on enclosure, environment the sub is in and true unclipped power. We have tested this woofer in excess of 2000 watts in different enclosures in vehicles. The woofer would have been at mechanical limits sooner in a free air application. I have tested this woofer with stiffer spiders and yes it handled lots of power but efficiency dropped and nothing was gained except the need for a huge amp to equal the same spl numbers. Sooo.... now to the answer, yes I have had mechanical limits hit at 1200 in testing in certain applications, but please keep in mind 1200 is Double the RMS rating of the woofer. -Chris

05fronty
05-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Side note still waiting on 4th order specs lol

05fronty
05-22-2013, 06:02 PM

jasonbillnelson
05-22-2013, 06:38 PM
05fronty ;

Chris just posted this on the C2 Audio Facebook

http://i40.tinypic.com/f9im1h.jpg

SounDrive
05-22-2013, 06:55 PM
RMS rating should be what kind of power the sub can handle without damage of ANY sort after 5 minutes of 20-100Hz

SounDrive
05-22-2013, 07:04 PM

I'm curious where this theory that giving a sub more power out of the box will damage the coil came from.. I've never heard of any damage being done other than a couple people who "claimed" to have torn spiders because of not breaking in the subs.

My XFLs are extremely stiff and rated for 1000w each, and I put my pair of them on full tilt on 2500w right out of the box with no issues. No torn spiders, no coil damage, etc.

I'm not saying that it's not slightly harder on the coils, I'm not really sure. But is it enough to warrant concern..? Probably not.

winkychevelle
05-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Yea break in is bull. Yea the subs sound better after a week but it won't cause damage to the sub. Competitors don't burp old "broken in subs" do they? No the use new or freshly reconed subs.

I've used dozens of subs without breakin and never once had a problem. Usually when people claim damage it due to clipping, poor box design, bottoming out of the sub, or rediculous overpowering.

jasonbillnelson
05-22-2013, 07:19 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/wthrg6.jpg

chris posted this as well!

C2 Audio
05-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Break in is absolutely real. If you meter resistance of a woofer out of the box, break it in and re meter the coil your resistance changes... The change is from the spider being looser. On a meter we have not seen any real differernce but Absolutley in sound and overall performance. Heat is the issue with running a woofer full tilt out of the box. Nomex Spiders do stretch and the woofer is designed around the spiders broken in. Coils have an adhesive that holds everything together. Heat the coil up by not allowing the spiders to stretch and the first thing that happens is the adhesive lets of gas which you can smell. When you start burning off adhesive you are loosing power handling and longevity of the sub. So once again by all means you can run them as hard as you want out of the box but if you properly break the sub in you will have better perfomance and from my experience it will give you more years of performance. --Chris

SounDrive
05-22-2013, 08:04 PM
There's no need to start up the whole break in is real/fake argument I suppose... There isn't enough evidence to prove either side wrong.... Which in my opinion means that it doesn't matter and shouldn't be done, but do whatever you're more comfortable with

DDtC
05-22-2013, 08:56 PM
05fronty
05-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Ummm got this sub in and at first glance it is stiffer and weighs more than the SA-15 I had. We will see when I get a box built

Reinhardt
05-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Checked the tracking number on my two and they are supposed to be here tomorrow, they are in Spokane Wa. right now.

The Audio Guy
05-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Here's a little demo : C2 audio subwoofer demo (: - YouTube (http://youtu.be/eMm4JmoAtg8) hope you guys like keyword : demo real video be up by weekend

Reinhardt
05-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Got mine yesterday, got them in the Enclosure now waiting for it to quit raining so I can get them installed.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/ferjr1/IMG_0041_zps9d23f4b1.jpg (http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/ferjr1/media/IMG_0041_zps9d23f4b1.jpg.html)

Reinhardt
05-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Got mine yesterday, got them in the Enclosure now waiting for it to quit raining so I can get them installed.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/ferjr1/IMG_0041_zps9d23f4b1.jpg (http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/ferjr1/media/IMG_0041_zps9d23f4b1.jpg.html)

DDtC
05-25-2013, 12:53 PM

I wonder who's going to stuff 12 of them in a 4th.

05fronty
05-25-2013, 12:55 PM
I wonder who's going to stuff 12 of them in a 4th.

Lol not I, I just have one

jasonbillnelson
05-26-2013, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiEXHOhEuWQ&feature=youtu.be

This is my buddy Tristan from Ohio. amntk ; His 2 Threatcon 2's in a 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada!

momax_powers
05-26-2013, 10:09 AM
As far as break in goes....arent all the woofers played at full tilt when they get off the container for qc testing before being shipped out?

jasonbillnelson
05-27-2013, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google&feature=plcp&v=xw7bYr2IGh0&nomobile=1

Recorded in HD. Break-in period is done, sub running at 800 RMS. And I have more rattle. Need to put in more deadener. It's a long video but it's 5 songs I listen to regularly. Very pleased!

Spooney
05-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Ran one of mine for about 5 days ported. Next up I am going to try one sealed. Going to review them both ways after I get a chance to give the sealed setup a good listen. Very happy with the 12 ported in 1.75 cubes tuned to 35 hz though. Also would like to add that the coil and soft parts are in great shape after the short break in period I gave them and 5 days of regular listening on more than rated power. Small sample size I know but its a start.

momofx
05-27-2013, 09:03 PM
As far as break in goes....arent all the woofers played at full tilt when they get off the container for qc testing before being shipped out?

Good question - I would like to know the answer to this too but I am assuming that the sort of "burp" each woofer for a few seconds...

slim2fattycake
05-27-2013, 09:24 PM
QC from China? Comeon... lol.

jasonbillnelson
05-27-2013, 10:20 PM

Good question - I would like to know the answer to this too but I am assuming that the sort of "burp" each woofer for a few seconds...

QC from China? Comeon... lol.

Chris personally tests and inspect each and every woofer. I just asked him to what wattage he tests each woofer. Awaiting response.

jasonbillnelson
05-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Ok, just got off the phone with Chris. His test isn't balls to the walls max power. Among other testing criteria, Chris runs 300 watts to the woofers to ensure the coil is aligned. If the coil is dragging or making any type of noise the woofer is failed and put to the side. He does this in free air at 300 watts so he can see and hear if the coil is dragging or catching. And this run of woofers Chris personally handled, tested, inspected and signed off in every woofer that passed his criteria.

05fronty
05-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Side note and when done, I'm doing a 6th order for this single 12 in my trunk. Pics will be posted

jasonbillnelson
05-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Side note and when done, I'm doing a 6th order for this single 12 in my trunk. Pics will be posted

Definitely looking forward to pictures of that and a video of it doing work in the car!

05fronty
05-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Definitely looking forward to pictures of that and a video of it doing work in the car!

should be loud and do 30-60hz with no probs

jasonbillnelson
05-29-2013, 06:18 PM
should be loud and do 30-60hz with no probs

sweet!

jasonbillnelson
05-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Ran one of mine for about 5 days ported. Next up I am going to try one sealed. Going to review them both ways after I get a chance to give the sealed setup a good listen. Very happy with the 12 ported in 1.75 cubes tuned to 35 hz though. Also would like to add that the coil and soft parts are in great shape after the short break in period I gave them and 5 days of regular listening on more than rated power. Small sample size I know but its a start.

Also looking forward to your reviews Spooney. And vids!

05fronty
05-29-2013, 06:21 PM
sweet!

untill i get some more cash and get that piece of plexi, you won't see the sub though

jasonbillnelson
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM
untill i get some more cash and get that piece of plexi, you won't see the sub though

Take your word for it....plus i'm sure you'll have pictures of you installing it.

C2 Audio
05-30-2013, 12:26 PM
I like the videos and ideas with the builds guys!!! Spooney ; I'm looking forward to your reviews as well!

---Chris

05fronty
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Take your word for it....plus i'm sure you'll have pictures of you installing it.

Yep

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Yep

C2 Audio
06-13-2013, 10:56 AM
How's everyone liking their Threatcon 2's? Any other videos and pictures from installs?? I'm in the process of putting 4 in my Dodge Journey now!

--Chris

Spooney
06-13-2013, 12:19 PM
How's everyone liking their Threatcon 2's? Any other videos and pictures from installs?? I'm in the process of putting 4 in my Dodge Journey now!

--Chris

I actually just threw one of my 12's back in the other day. I had pulled it as I was going to drop it into my sealed enclosure but it turned out the cutout wasn't large enough for the sub . So no sealed results for now but I plan to build another box for it or possibly the pair sealed. Still really enjoying the single 12 ported though. Gets plenty loud enough on its own for daily listening and sounds real good doing it. Its not all upper bass or super low bass like some subs. Does a good job with most frequencies in the sub bass spectrum. I would like to take a few good vids when I have some time. These things have some really good throw. May try one of the 15's out when they are released as well or maybe hold out for the threatcon 4

infamous_e46
06-13-2013, 12:28 PM
i ordered my db drive k7con 2 lol

Buck
06-13-2013, 12:29 PM
We are still waiting for the box to be finished on ours, review coming soon!

jasonbillnelson
06-13-2013, 12:33 PM

looking forward to this!!!

jasonbillnelson
06-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Oh and I'm running 1K rms right now daily. Great sound and clean bass!

C2 Audio
06-14-2013, 05:15 PM
I actually just threw one of my 12's back in the other day. I had pulled it as I was going to drop it into my sealed enclosure but it turned out the cutout wasn't large enough for the sub . So no sealed results for now but I plan to build another box for it or possibly the pair sealed. Still really enjoying the single 12 ported though. Gets plenty loud enough on its own for daily listening and sounds real good doing it. Its not all upper bass or super low bass like some subs. Does a good job with most frequencies in the sub bass spectrum. I would like to take a few good vids when I have some time. These things have some really good throw. May try one of the 15's out when they are released as well or maybe hold out for the threatcon 4

I'm glad you like it Spooney! My intention was to design the sub to do it all and sound good doing it. I love the range this woofer has!

-Chris

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

This will be a good read!

-Chris

05fronty
06-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Mine should be done this weekend, aero port came in, Chris I sent ya a picture already

C2 Audio
06-19-2013, 01:23 PM
4 Threatcon-2 12's in 8.7 cubes, four 4" aeroports tuned to 38hz. Powered by 2 sundown audio SAZ-2500's. This is in the back of my Dodge Journey!

http://i43.tinypic.com/ezq0ir.jpg

black05alti
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
^^ Looks sick man. Are the amps strapped at 2 ohms? Get a video of that bish playing!

jasonbillnelson
06-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Also in for some videos on that setup Chris!

05fronty
06-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Ok hooked this single 12 and it is very clean, I likey

black05alti
06-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Ok hooked this single 12 and it is very clean, I likey

How much power are you pushing to it?

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 07:11 AM
How much power are you pushing to it?

He's probably doing the 500 RMS 10 hr break-in period first. However, he said it was in a 4th order box as well so hopefully he posts some pictures and flex videos!

05fronty
06-22-2013, 07:16 AM
He's probably doing the 500 RMS 10 hr break-in period first. However, he said it was in a 4th order box as well so hopefully he posts some pictures and flex videos!

Didn't do a 4th order, specs were giving all kinds if weird measurements on the box program. Did 2.5 cube 4 inch aero at 36hz running 1k daily

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Didn't do a 4th order, specs were giving all kinds if weird measurements on the box program. Did 2.5 cube 4 inch aero at 36hz running 1k daily

ah ok so your right around where my box is but i'm tuned to 38hz also running 1k daily. I'll be picking up another box tuned to 30hz sub up and port back.

05fronty
06-22-2013, 07:24 AM
ah ok so your right around where my box is but i'm tuned to 38hz also running 1k daily. I'll be picking up another box tuned to 30hz sub up and port back.

Later on I may sell this sub and get the 4 like on 2 k

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Later on I may sell this sub and get the 4 like on 2 k

I'm right there with you. But I'll probably keep this just cause. But ya the 4 is going to be nasty! I've seen videos of the prototypes and regardless which design Chris goes with, it's going to be sick!

05fronty
06-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm right there with you. But I'll probably keep this just cause. But ya the 4 is going to be nasty! I've seen videos of the prototypes and regardless which design Chris goes with, it's going to be sick!

Picture of my box on the c2 page on fb. Box is solid

Spooney
06-22-2013, 10:05 AM
4 Threatcon-2 12's in 8.7 cubes, four 4" aeroports tuned to 38hz. Powered by 2 sundown audio SAZ-2500's. This is in the back of my Dodge Journey!

http://i43.tinypic.com/ezq0ir.jpg

Love the look of that setup. Simple and clean . I really like the looks of the subs themselves . I am throwing around the idea of running three 12's sealed. Finally got around to running my pair of 12's sealed and man do they sound good. Running the pair of twelves on a temp amp which was lucky if it was supplying 400 watts to the pair and they just sounded so sweet. Obviously at that power level the output is nothing crazy but still very respectable and just sounded great with any kind of music I threw at it. Had nice punch to it where I wanted it and still went down low gracefully. The more I run these the more I like them.

Timmy13091
06-22-2013, 10:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google&feature=plcp&v=xw7bYr2IGh0&nomobile=1

Recorded in HD. Break-in period is done, sub running at 800 RMS. And I have more rattle. Need to put in more deadener. It's a long video but it's 5 songs I listen to regularly. Very pleased!

I sold a buddy a SMS box and put 2 off a dd m1 in his ride camera ***** but there flexing get real real low

C2 audio threatcon-2 12s going hard - YouTube (http://youtu.be/lKDAAt1p6-E)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/tk13091/38B2C312-AA00-4B66-8AE0-50739A23810E-1654-0000016685D1DF48_zpsef486555.jpg

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Picture of my box on the c2 page on fb. Box is solid

yep it looks good!

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Love the look of that setup. Simple and clean . I really like the looks of the subs themselves . I am throwing around the idea of running three 12's sealed. Finally got around to running my pair of 12's sealed and man do they sound good. Running the pair of twelves on a temp amp which was lucky if it was supplying 400 watts to the pair and they just sounded so sweet. Obviously at that power level the output is nothing crazy but still very respectable and just sounded great with any kind of music I threw at it. Had nice punch to it where I wanted it and still went down low gracefully. The more I run these the more I like them.

Definitely worth the money!!!

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I sold a buddy a SMS box and put 2 off a dd m1 in his ride camera ***** but there flexing get real real low

C2 audio threatcon-2 12s going hard - YouTube (http://youtu.be/lKDAAt1p6-E)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/tk13091/38B2C312-AA00-4B66-8AE0-50739A23810E-1654-0000016685D1DF48_zpsef486555.jpg

Yep I watched that video! Very nice. Definitely want to pick up BT-35 or BT-60 in the future for my second battery. Just using a BT-20 right now and it's holding its own running my setup at 1k RMS

Timmy13091
06-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Yep I watched that video! Very nice. Definitely want to pick up BT-35 or BT-60 in the future for my second battery. Just using a BT-20 right now and it's holding its own running my setup at 1k RMS

Ya well when he first got them they were in a bogous box on a crap amp .. Talked him into letting me do better box amp etc and they came alive ... And it's a nice little batt he has almost no drop full tilt no big three

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Ya well when he first got them they were in a bogous box on a crap amp .. Talked him into letting me do better box amp etc and they came alive ... And it's a nice little batt he has almost no drop full tilt no big three

Thats awesome. I've got the Big 3, 0ga CCA from front battery to second battery, and then 4ga CCA from second battery to amp. I have about .5 voltage drop on songs with really long and hard bass lines at idle at second battery. Front battery doesnt drop but .1-.2 volts. I still want to up the second battery and eventually change the front with a BT-80 or BT-100

Timmy13091
06-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Thats awesome. I've got the Big 3, 0ga CCA from front battery to second battery, and then 4ga CCA from second battery to amp. I have about .5 voltage drop on songs with really long and hard bass lines at idle at second battery. Front battery doesnt drop but .1-.2 volts. I still want to up the second battery and eventually change the front with a BT-80 or BT-100

I'd look into the Duracell from SAMs too I have a single one in the trunk and I hold 13s at .5 on over 4k

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 11:49 AM
I'd look into the Duracell from SAMs too I have a single one in the trunk and I hold 13s at .5 on over 4k

Might need to. Gotta get a club card first haha!

The Audio Guy
06-22-2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDAAt1p6-E

Hope you enjoy little demo (:

Timmy13091
06-22-2013, 12:21 PM

Meh .. Get more power and let me get that jeep loud !

Spooney
06-22-2013, 12:27 PM

I am sure it sounds great but you are tickling those things bro. They have so much more throw to them. You could probably get away with twice the power if you set the gain properly. Real nice looking box though I must say.

Timmy13091
06-22-2013, 12:30 PM
I am sure it sounds great but you are tickling those things bro. They have so much more throw to them. You could probably get away with twice the power if you set the gain properly. Real nice looking box though I must say.

Lol that gain is set just fine I did the install ..
Camera blows there moving

Spooney
06-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Lol that gain is set just fine I did the install ..
Camera blows there moving

Not saying there is a problem with the install at all bro. I was saying if he wanted to get more out of it he could run a lot more power than he is currently running so long as he set the gains appropriately (with more power not his current setup). I am sure its set up just fine currently

Timmy13091
06-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Not saying there is a problem with the install at all bro. I was saying if he wanted to get more out of it he could run a lot more power than he is currently running so long as he set the gains appropriately (with more power not his current setup). I am sure its set up just fine currently

Yep I'm trying to get some real power and 2 more in there he deff has the room ! Lmao

The Audio Guy
06-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Haha time for new amp and then jeep will talk

C2 Audio
06-22-2013, 01:46 PM

I'm very pleased with how well they perform in a sealed box! We are sold out of D2 woofers but if I remember correctly you have 2 D4's. We have some of D4's left but supply is winding down. I did order another run of 12"s but they are about a month or two out from arriving. Thanks again for the support and I'm glad you're enjoying the woofers!

--Chris

naughtyca
06-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Might need to. Gotta get a club card first haha!

ask around who has a card, and go with them to buy the battery

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 01:53 PM
ask around who has a card, and go with them to buy the battery

could do that too. I'll have to do some research on their duracell batteries. see what size will fit.

naughtyca
06-22-2013, 01:55 PM
just go in to sams club tell the door person you are going to get a crd and go to auto center which is right beside the customer service desk

jasonbillnelson
06-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Could do that too

Timmy13091
06-22-2013, 02:14 PM
just go in to sams club tell the door person you are going to get a crd and go to auto center which is right beside the customer service desk

Smart man ^ lol

05fronty
06-25-2013, 05:21 AM

Look out for the SAMs club police

black05alti
06-25-2013, 05:31 AM
they need your card to check out ....

What do you keep getting banned for

winkychevelle
06-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Look out for the SAMs club police

Gotta swipe your card at the register, even in the tire center I love SAMs for the prices. We don't have Duracell down here but we have energizer which appear to be the same

black05alti
06-25-2013, 10:21 AM
I think this time i told Ant to eat poison in his oatmeal.

didn't think you would get banned for that

black05alti
06-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Not only banned but all my posts deleted.

Wow seems like they just don't like you then lol

C2 Audio
06-30-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm glad many people are enjoying their Threatcon 2 12" woofers. I do have more reviews in the works for all to see. Just waiting for them to get the reviews all written up. I'm also glad to see a good amount of Threatcon 2 videos popping up on YouTube.

Status of Threatcon 2 stock:

Dual 2 ohm --- SOLD OUT!

Dual 4 ohm --- Stock is very low. Approaching single digits.

I ordered another run of Threatcon 2 12"s a couple weeks back and we should see them in hand in roughly 2 months time.

So if you don't want to wait and can use Dual 4's for your application, now would be the time to get them ordered.

Thanks for your support!

--Chris

Spooney
07-07-2013, 09:18 AM
C2 Audio;
I know its a bit overdue but better late than never. The audio on this vid is terrible but it shows the excursion of the Threatcon 2 pretty good I think. Pay close attention right around 1:26 in the vid . Right there is where I seal up the port and the sub gets going pretty good.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/jsb4251981/th_Threatcon2LongVid_zpsa9cb332f.jpg (http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/jsb4251981/Threatcon2LongVid_zpsa9cb332f.mp4)

05fronty
07-07-2013, 09:44 AM
This little 12 is shaking the **** out of my spec on most songs, steering wheel flex also lol. This being in the trunk where the seats don't fold down on 1 k. Not bad for a 100 dollar sub

jasonbillnelson
07-07-2013, 11:24 AM
C2 Audio;
I know its a bit overdue but better late than never. The audio on this vid is terrible but it shows the excursion of the Threatcon 2 pretty good I think. Pay close attention right around 1:26 in the vid . Right there is where I seal up the port and the sub gets going pretty good.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/jsb4251981/th_Threatcon2LongVid_zpsa9cb332f.jpg (http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/jsb4251981/Threatcon2LongVid_zpsa9cb332f.mp4)

Good $hit Spooney!! Looks like you found the perfect tune for it. Gets down!!!

This little 12 is shaking the **** out of my spec on most songs, steering wheel flex also lol. This being in the trunk where the seats don't fold down on 1 k. Not bad for a 100 dollar sub

Agreed! It definitely fills up my Nitro with clean bass at 1k!

C2 Audio
07-07-2013, 08:14 PM
C2 Audio;

Thanks for the video! It looks like it's got a good home and getting plenty of power!!

--Chris

Spooney
07-08-2013, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the video! It looks like it's got a good home and getting plenty of power!!

--Chris

Yeah that enclosure as jank as it looks is my test enclosure for every 12 I have had in the last ten years! She doesn't look the greatest but always performs. Enclosure spec is 1.8 cubes net tuned to 32 hz with a 4" aero port. Looks like poop but is solid as a rock. In this vid the sub was seeing 800-900 watts . Still thinking about how exactly I want to do my reviews too. I think I am going to have to build a sealed enclosure for a single 12 and do back to back listening comparisons between sealed and ported. There is also that pre-order on the 15 looming.......

jasonbillnelson
07-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Yeah that enclosure as jank as it looks is my test enclosure for every 12 I have had in the last ten years! She doesn't look the greatest but always performs. Enclosure spec is 1.8 cubes net tuned to 32 hz with a 4" aero port. Looks like poop but is solid as a rock. In this vid the sub was seeing 800-900 watts . Still thinking about how exactly I want to do my reviews too. I think I am going to have to build a sealed enclosure for a single 12 and do back to back listening comparisons between sealed and ported. There is also that pre-order on the 15 looming.......

Do it Spoon! But 1 now and remember you bought one in a month! Haha.

Fattony911
07-08-2013, 09:09 AM
C2 Audio;

Nice video man!!!! Can't wait for my 15's

jasonbillnelson
07-08-2013, 09:27 AM
How many did you order again?

Fattony911
07-08-2013, 09:52 AM
How many did you order again?
I got 2 my card got declined :crap: so I had to reorder this morning.

jasonbillnelson
07-08-2013, 10:03 AM
I got 2 my card got declined :crap: so I had to reorder this morning.

Word. I hate when that happens!

Fattony911
07-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Word. I hate when that happens!

Now I need to figure what box to use, I may have to go with two separate boxes and join them internally because of space constraints. I've never ran 15's before my biggest system consisted of two 12" Fi BL's off an IA 20.1. I'm hoping this will compete :)

C2 Audio
07-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Fattony911 ;

What vehicle are the 15"s going into?

-Chris