PDA

View Full Version : Need port help

tylerprince92
05-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Alright guys I need your help. So I got a crappy beat up box from a friend of a friend that I was going to scrap for parts. The rest of the stuff that was going to be used ended up being broken. The only thing that is going to be used is the four aero ports from the box. Now I'm having problems figuring out how to get the tuning right. The new box is going to be about 3 cubic ft. The ports are 4.25 inches in length, and 2.375 inches in diameter. I figured out that with one port that I would b tuned to 31htz. Now I want to be at about 33 or 34. So I was wondering if it changes the tuning if I add more of the ports. Thanks for the help in advance. I'll post some pictures of the ports when I can

tylerprince92
05-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Come on guys. I really need some help on this

keep_hope_alive
05-18-2013, 02:08 PM
if you increase overall port area without changing length, you will increase tuning frequency. so adding a port of the same length will increase the tuning frequency.

use this link to calc

Speaker Box Calculations (http://www.bcae1.com/spboxad2.htm)

Buck
05-18-2013, 02:13 PM
If you really want a good box, give us the vehicle, sub(s), power, your goals and the precise measurements of the aeros.

Those are small aeros and they are very short as well, so if you only use 1 or 2 I seriously doubt you will have good port area.

tylerprince92
05-19-2013, 01:14 AM
vehicle: 99 honda accord
subs: 2 alpine type s 12's, dual 4 ohm
power: hifonics 1800
goals: i want to have sq for the most part but with the people i hang out with i want to be able to turn up the bass knob and have spl, i am more interested in spl though.
measurements: the ones in the first part of the thread are the best measurements that i can really get
i do have four of the ports that i can use.
and im trying to do my sub box like Keep_Hope_Alive did in his accord to try to save as much space in the trunk as possible but if i cant, oh well
thanks for the help buck and Keep_Hope_Alive. i really appreciate it. the only reason that im trying to do this so quickly is because the sub box in the car finally broke. and going without bass is killing me