PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?

oTurtlez
05-09-2013, 06:38 PM
So I recently purchased my first four channel from a member on the forum to amp my door speakers, and though it's nothing too too special power wise, it's a start. Tis a Precision Power PPI BK 340.4 that does 55w RMS x 4 @ 4Ohms and 85w x 4 @ 2Ohms. My question is, what's a good set of components, for around $100 a pair, that will get the job done? I was looking at some Alpine SPS-610C's but didn't like them because they didnt have the external xover, it was built in. I'm having a tough time finding a decent set of 6 3/4's that are both in my budget, and are decent in performance. I then found some Pioneer TS-D1720C's but the tweeter is too large to fit in the factory location, and I don't feel like hacking up my A Pillar to get it to fit right. Thanks in advance.

TL;DR
I need a nice set of 6 3/4's with 1" tweets, preferably with external passive xovers that'll pair well with my PPI 340.4.

mylows10
05-09-2013, 06:41 PM
good luck finding them new ,may find some used ones in your budget, most components sets with a tweeter that small are usually 150 + pretty easy ,but if you went up to that budget it will open up a lot of options for you .

oTurtlez
05-09-2013, 06:48 PM
good luck finding them new ,may find some used ones in your budget, most components sets with a tweeter that small are usually 150 + pretty easy ,but if you went up to that budget it will open up a lot of options for you .

Any brands you can recommend for a nice set? I could always just do front stage for now, rear stage later. I know next to nothing about door speakers, I've only dealt with subs mainly thus far. Highschoolers like myself usually like to be loud, not sound good while doing it :P

mylows10
05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Any brands you can recommend for a nice set? I could always just do front stage for now, rear stage later. I know next to nothing about door speakers, I've only dealt with subs mainly thus far. Highschoolers like myself usually like to be loud, not sound good while doing it :P

yea i can ,also focus more on the frt stage than the rear mids or 2 ways in the rear are just fine ,you dont want the rears to over power the frt .pm coming

jasonbillnelson
05-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Amazon.com: MB Quart ONX216 6.5" 2-WAY COMPONENT System: Car Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/MB-Quart-ONX216-COMPONENT-System/dp/B00375LC7K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368140300&sr=8-1&keywords=mb+quart+onx+216#productDetails)

I put 2 sets of these in my Dodge nitro. I love em! It was my first set I've ever dealt with and I'm more than happy. I know there are many better options but for the price and how clear the music is, I'm very satisfied.

trumpet
05-09-2013, 07:32 PM
An onboard crossover is a good thing on a speaker set of that price. There aren't many components on a passive crossover for an entry level set, so fitting the parts on the speakers makes sense. The same feature is found on a set of Diamond Audio convertibles I have on hand, the TX65V (http://www.513electronics.com/store/car-audio/coaxials/dac/diamond-audio-tour-series-tx65v-6-5-convertible-speakers/) set.

oTurtlez
05-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Another option I have is spending a good $175 or so on just the front stage for now.