PDA

View Full Version : help plz someone I need some advice

dj2231
05-06-2013, 06:16 PM
I have amp that I wanted to bridge it be 260 watts each channel. Will it be ok for me to run 260 watts each to my cadence cwm6kit. I'm running active by the way. any feedback would really be appreciated.

trumpet
05-06-2013, 06:52 PM
It always comes down to how you intend to use the speakers and how you tune the system. If you're bridging a 4-channel amp then you only have 2 channels. How much power do you have for the tweeters? What amp do you intend to bridge?

dj2231
05-06-2013, 09:48 PM
SOUNDSTREAM PN4.520D this is my amp my fault I mean I'm running the amp power to the speaker crossover that came with it. not active I want to bridge the shop to run more power. I only running 100 watts to them if bridge the amp could the speaker handle the power im feeding it.

trumpet
05-07-2013, 12:22 AM
I don't know if they would handle it, but the more pressing concern is whether the crossovers will handle it. Tweeter protection will likely kick in and cut your treble before the mids will be affected adversely. There are diminishing returns to running more power, but a simple "yes/no" answer isn't going to cover this topic.

I would address your installation before looking at more power to increase the performance. Unless you've fully deadened the doors(assuming the mids are installed in factory door locations) you're missing out on bass. More power will not overcome cancellation.

thomasluke
05-07-2013, 12:52 AM
There are some advantages to running more power like added head room for transients and peaks. For the most part if you set your conservatively then you would have a better Chance to gain a little volume.
But also keep in mi d that it takes twice as much power to gain three db. So if your coming 100 watts to 200 watts then you can expect a significant gain.
With a proper highpass of course.