PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer works ocasionally

nate1017
05-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Recently my sub has stopped working its been about 2 days since it quit hitting. But i've noticed when i hit a bump bass kicks in for a second or less so i started to mess around with it. I learned that if i press down on my amp which is mounted on top of my sub box that the sub begins to hit. Its screwed in so if i pull up on it and relieve the pressure the sub doesn't work. Any of you guys got a clue what im dealing with here?

jfroghobo
05-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Recently my sub has stopped working its been about 2 days since it quit hitting. But i've noticed when i hit a bump bass kicks in for a second or less so i started to mess around with it. I learned that if i press down on my amp which is mounted on top of my sub box that the sub begins to hit. Its screwed in so if i pull up on it and relieve the pressure the sub doesn't work. Any of you guys got a clue what im dealing with here?

Try checking all you wire connections from the sub to amp. Also try another amp so that youll know if some connections in/on your amp is bad

bowhunter
05-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Same thing happened to me before... At first it was a bad ground. I'd hit a bump and subs would cut out and then I would either slam on breaks real fast or swerve hard and they'd come back on and the second time it was just a bad RCA connection.

rosrock
05-03-2013, 07:48 PM
What specific model amp and subs?

DoesDad
05-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Wrong section. :(

nate1017
05-04-2013, 12:43 AM
RF prime amp, kicker 06s12l52 sub