PDA

View Full Version : Lookin at buying a Pyle PLDN73I

UltimateSVT
05-03-2013, 02:59 AM
Hey guys, newb here. Getting my hands on a practically new headunit from a good friend of mine. He's had it in his car for about 3.5 months & he now has the budget to obtain a new "better brand" headunit. Granted, I know Pyle is a crappy brand but I'm getting it for half the price of a new one with the rear view camera included. I simply can't say no. I am currently running on an OEM stereo & it has to go! Anyway so it's a Pyle PLDN73i. The forum won't allow me to post a picture but I'm hoping someone on here knows the unit.

My question is, does anyone know how I can upload/install a start up picture so that when I turn on the head unit that picture is the first thing that shows? (Ex. car brand or car picture). I've seen it done with other units on car forum I'm actively on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jar1zx
05-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Hate to say the but the h.u is the most important part of your sound. You can have great amps,subs,speakers, and wiring but if you don't have a good signal to send to the amps it's all in vain
Every now and then I have tried a cheaper off brand and disliked the sound I got every time and none of them lasted a hour past install before I took them out
The money you would spend on it would be a start on a good deck like pioneer, kenwood,alpine and so on
Again sry I know this isn't what you wanted to hear and it's been a few years since I listen to a off brand deck. Who knows maybe they got better? But I doubt it

On pioneer I know you can use a SD card to put a pic on screen most likely same with that deck

naughtyca
05-03-2013, 01:39 PM
sorry could not help you on this, but dont let negative feedback put you down, since you already bought it and this is what you can afford im pretty sure it will be better than your factory radio.

good luck though

jar1zx
05-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Dern I'm sry I didn't realize you already got the radio. Forget what I said I can be a idiot sometimes. It's got to be better than factory

Lowflyin
05-03-2013, 02:25 PM
I simply can't say no.

You should.