PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 610C component speakers problems, are they fixable?

Casio
04-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Hello, this is my first post, but I have found some help here in the past, but not so much to this specific problem. I don't want to spend unessary money on these speakers. If they aren't going to sound any better I would probably be better served with new speakers, but I'd like to avoid that.

First off I have a base 2009 Hyundai Sonata with the standard sound system. About a year ago, I installed the Alpine 610C's in the front (tweeters in the door sails), I used their included "inline" crossover. I had been running the stock HU since that time and they always sounded VERY sibilant, there was certain music I just could not listen to in the car because of this, but I tolerated it. I thought once I got a new HU, I would be able to EQ it out, I was wrong.

Fast forward to now, I installed an Alpine CDE-147BT and now things have gotten much worse with the sibilance, I toned it down SOME with the EQ. To make things worse, now the tweeters also crackle at higher volumes (not THAT high). I read in the reviews of the speakers on Crutchfield that someone was able to fix the sibilance by building a -6 dB L pad, but I don't know that this will fix the crackling as well.

I called Crutchfield support and they are sending me bass blockers to hopefully help with the crackling but that still doesn't help with the sibilance...