PDA

View Full Version : Best way to utilize 300watts@2ohms in the front

Bwap
04-29-2013, 01:15 AM
As the title says, I am trying to find the best way to use my amps power for the front of my car.

The amp I have is a rockford that pushes 150@4x4 / 300@2x4
I want to use the 2 ohm power in the front, but cannot find any component sets that can handle such power. I am also interested in good quality sound, not just loudness.

I have contemplated a few different setups all of which have their pros and cons.
The first was simply a high power handling component set.
The second was a component set with a supertweeter wired into the inputs of the crossover.
The third is to wire my own crossovers in which there are many options.

The second and third options would include a supertweeter on a switch. Due to only being able to add one woofer I must do two tweeters to handle all of the power. I would like it to scream with the doors open, thats why I want to wire in the supertweeters but still have the option to have them off. The problem with this is when I switch the supertweeter on I believe it will change the crossover points due to the change in ohm load. This is where I think a zobel would be needed but i dont know to much about that.

Either way, Im just looking for something that sounds nice and can handle power.
I am open to any options, and thanks in advance for your help. :)