PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick speakers for my 2010 Camry. Not a total noob, but do need some help.

Bmr4life
04-28-2013, 07:58 PM
So I picked up a 2010 Camry last week. Base model everything and the stereo is obviously crap.

For my HU, I'm pretty certain I'll get the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS.

For amps, I already have a Sundown SAX-100.4 (old school from 5+ years ago) and Elemental Designs Nine.1 (3+ years old)

Sub is an Icon 10" in a small sealed box. (couple years old, but hasn't been used much)

The stock speakers are all 6x9's.

I'd make door plates up front to run 6.5 components, tweeters would either be down in the doors or up on the dash or A-pillar somewhere.

Unsure what to do with the rears since I know it screws up staging and in the pass I'd normally just remove them all together. This time I would like something to be back there since I carpool and we all listen to the funny talk radio in the morning.

$250 would probably be a reasonable amount to spend on the front components. My amp isn't super powerful, just 100x4 at 2ohms and 150x4 at 2 ohms. I guess I could bridge it to 300x2 at 4 ohms if I power the rear speakers off the deck.

mylows10
04-28-2013, 08:13 PM
cdt hd 61a fr the front 270 shipped and just some 6.5 mids for the rear for fill

Bmr4life
04-28-2013, 09:27 PM
cdt hd 61a fr the front 270 shipped and just some 6.5 mids for the rear for fill

Thanks, who has them for $270 and which rear mids? Also CDT?

tat2bass
04-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Rears would be nearly useless in that because they go in the rear deck, not the rear doors. Plus there is a bad clearance issue on the rear deck. I had the same car and tried upgrading the rear. Look in your trunk at the top and you'll see a metal bar that extends across. It limits your mounting depth and you can't make a spacer for the top without cutting the deck up. My recommendation would just be to do an awesome front stage. Unless you are ok with cutting it up

Bobfig
04-28-2013, 09:50 PM
i got quoted PHD components for around the price you are looking for.

mylows10
04-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks, who has them for $270 and which rear mids? Also CDT?

cdt yes and i have them for that much shipped , also if mounting depth is an issue on the rears ,you can do a cl6 sl slim mount mid for about 110 for back there

Bmr4life
04-28-2013, 09:58 PM
So running fronts only, would my passengers still be able to hear clearly without it being to loud for me up front? Again, my car is a Camry so its quiet on the road. I guess I could always add some cheap rears later and only use them when there are passengers back there.

mylows10
04-28-2013, 10:00 PM
So running fronts only, would my passengers still be able to hear clearly without it being to loud for me up front? Again, my car is a Camry so its quiet on the road. I guess I could always add some cheap rears later and only use them when there are passengers back there.

just a set of coaxils for the rears if you really want them ,or mids like i said ,run them off deck power and you'll be good