PDA

View Full Version : spl?

jrocket
04-26-2004, 04:50 PM
What box type is better for spl? ported or sealed. I have 2 cerwin vega v-max 15s and am looking for a good box for spl. If ported circle or sloted?I'm new to this and was just wondering.

monte_carlo97
04-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Usually a good general rule is sealed for sq and ported for spl. But i have heard sealed have better spl and ported. If you want SPL go ported but you have to know what you are doing especially with tuning the ports, if you are making it yourself that is.

jrocket
04-26-2004, 05:03 PM
The speakers call for 5 cubic feet box with a 37" port length. now if i make a box for 2 of these it will be huge. is there anyway i can go ported and have a smaller box that it calls for

boister77
04-26-2004, 05:19 PM
The speakers call for 5 cubic feet box with a 37" port length. now if i make a box for 2 of these it will be huge. is there anyway i can go ported and have a smaller box that it calls for

if using a slot port, you could decrease the width. it will shorten your port length therefore reducing size. however, if the port diameter is too small, you will get port noise.

monte_carlo97
04-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Yea, My speakers call for a 3 cube box and i am running them in 2.5 ft^3. They give you specs for a box for optima performance of the sub. You will have to adjust port length also.